View post (strat Bridge question)

View thread

spanky10940
spanky10940
02/13/2005 5:39 am
thanks!!!
I'll give that a shot. Don't know if it will be a brass fitting but I'll find some way to fill that in. I was going to change out the saddles and such and then I thought of just putting on a plain bridge but I don't think it will work with the routing on the body.

As for making it reversable, I don't want that at all... you're completely right! I just loved the guitar and didn't think about the trem. Believe it or not, I didn't even really play it until I got it home. The guy at the store wanted to grab a new one from the back, but I insisted on that one. So, I decided to block it when I couldn't keep the darn thing in tune with the bridge floating and no locking nut or tuners.. i did add the Fender locking tuners (great for quick string changes) but I still wasn't able to get the guitar the way I wanted. I'm also not a guitar tech so i'm sure that added to my not being able to do things.

it's going into the shop this week so I'll see what the tech says about your suggestion and let you know if he has any other ideas on how to do that.

I never thought to look at your time zone. I also didn't think about the fact that if I'm on, maybe a few others are too? :D

thanks!
"The one truly great thing about this life is that noone can sincerely and truly help someone, without helping themselves"

Ralph Waldo Emerson