View post (Hold your horsies!!)

View thread

Joseph
Joseph
04/04/2001 1:59 am
Well, if you wan't to be good you have to be willing to put the extra effort. Perfecting your sound is very important, and you guys should know you songs inside put, just in case one of your guys gets a little lazy during showtime, its the responsibility of the rest of the guys to cover a few rough spots (if any) from the guy who didn't get enough sleep the night before. Ive been through different arrangements where I thought our band had it made before showtime, but I overlooked a few things, and the confidence of our drummer. I swear throughout the show this guy was robotic, he was so afraid to make a mistake that he didn't put enough conviction into his performance, we would have done better that night with an electronic drumming machine.

You know, lately Ive had a hard time finding the right people to work with, because it seems like most people/musicians Ive come in contact with down here in South Florida are always asking too many questiuons instead of getting down to business. You guys should create a normal practice shedule at least three times a weeks, and try and stay focused. If you guys always find yourself checjing your watches during your practice sessions, maybe its because theres lack of compromise, always find ways to keep the rest of the guys interested and never be afraid to try out new ideas, even if they seem outragious..

-Joseph

www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."