View post (Heya, new member here.)

View thread

kingdavid
kingdavid
02/12/2005 5:00 pm
Everyone is always learning something.
Well, obviously, learning to adapt some piano song on the guitar isn't the same as what you're going through now, but everyone is always learning stuff. From the greenest of beginners to the_____(what's the opposite of green?) of sages.
Just ask any of the 50 something year young dudes and dudesses around here.
Lordathestrings, had he not fallen down the stairs one time too many during his childhood, could tell you the history of rock adn roll fro memory. But don't count on it. when he bought his first guitar c.a. '67 or '68, my mom was not yet 20.
His new best friend, Ake, is 60 something. When someone says they've been playing for twice your age, you feel inclined to listen. Although again, for the five years I been playing, I don't feel like I know jack. Although again, the jack that I don't know convinces me I'm good enough to start doing solo one-man-acoustic-rock gigs in Nairobi. I'm shopping.
Even some of the young people around here started playing pretty young, but are still learning.

Bottom line is, if you're jogging on a circular track, after a while, you can never tell who is on their 5th or 11th lap. Everyone's jogging.
Play that thing and have fun.