View post (Heya, new member here.)

View thread

paradyme
paradyme
02/07/2005 8:52 pm
Originally Posted by: CribloI'm Ben I'm 21, and a student in New Mexico. Two days ago I bought a guitar, which is something I've been wanting to do for a while, so I went out and purchased one on a whim. I was afraid to even pick it up when the store owner handed it to me, since I've never even touched a musical instrument in my life. Well I walked home with it, put it in my lap, and was still intimidated by it. Two days later I am starting to understand little things. I FINALLY got it tuned.

Well I'm probably going to be a pain in the ass in these forums because I'm full of even the most basic of questions, because right now it's a whole other language to me.

Right on man! Welcome aboard- that guitar will be your best friend in no time man! No worries about being a pain in the ass either- the whole thing about being a musician is the give and take, whether you're on stage and you're jamming, or whether you're talking with other musicians- always good to share, so I know I'm not just speaking for myself here when I say ask what you need to know- don't worry if it makes you sound like less than an expert- hell I'm nowhere close to being an expert and I've been doing my thing for going on... 17 years... damn I'm old. heh anyway, whatever ya need, ask it and don't worry about being a pain- it's good to see someone else picking it up .

peace
[FONT=Times New Roman]The rich get richer til the poor get educated.[/FONT]
-Sage Francis