View post (A little help please)

View thread

sonicelysium
sonicelysium
02/07/2005 4:03 am
So I have a Yamaha 10 track mixer, nothing special, but it gets the job done. I have Cubase SE on my computer, and some standard sound card with Stereo Mini input/output/mic plugs. I'm relatively new to recording, but love the idea of not having to pay 50 bucks and hour for a studio. I'm willing to pay the price for a sound that isn't as great, mainly because I'm in college and don't have too much time on my hands anyway - and music recording is a hobby, performance is a major. Anyway, here's my problem...

Mixer is plugged in, my guitar is plugged in, as are the vocal mic and drum machine. I hit record on the computer, and it is set to count 2 measures before it starts recording. I play on the downbeat that it starts, but the sound doesn't register on the computer until a split second later. So I'll play with the click, but when I go back to listen, the sound it off-click. Is there any way to fix this? I was thinking that I might need a new sound card, and if so, does anyone have any suggestions? Also, sometimes it says something about sync, and the recording process stops altogether... I'd like to avoid this and just continue recording because if I start a little before it starts, the click isn't with the song, so it makes everything so much more difficult. Please, any advice would be much appreciated.
[INDENT][FONT=Verdana]:: sonic elysium ::[/FONT][/INDENT]