any girls on this site who play guitar?

x0o_BurnOut_o0x
x0o_BurnOut_o0x
02/06/2005 6:52 am
im insulted by everyone thinking dudes are the only awesome ones at guitar. Im in love with playing guitar. My guitar has to be one of my closest friends. When stuck in a room with a rele hot dude and a guitar il always pick the guitar(with the exception of billie joe armstrong).And i think im pretty good. Im writeing my own songs now, i mean i still am waiting for some awesome lyrics but hey just because there arent that many famous bands with chicks in them playing doesnt mean that relationship between chicks and guitars doesnt exist. :D
We've been dancin' with Mr. Brownstone...
# 1
guitarkim5588
guitarkim5588
02/07/2005 5:07 am
if i was in a room with a really hot guy or a really hot guitar I think i would pick..........the really hot guy! but thats just me lol
# 2
guitarchick88
guitarchick88
02/07/2005 9:09 pm
Just as an added note... i'd pick the hot guy lol theres always time for guitar. Guys your gettin a little crazy don't flip out on eachother I dont take any of what you said offensively lol except theres a lot more to girls than whether or not they can play guitar alright? ;)
Anyways have a good one

Guitarchick!
# 3
alucard0941
alucard0941
02/07/2005 10:04 pm
so much for guitar... :( :(

hello stupidity...
__
/--\
o-/-||-\-o
o-/ -||- \-o
o-\ -||- /-o
\___/
|--|
|--|
|--|
:eek:

My Music

whoooo hoooo !!!!
# 4
kingdavid
kingdavid
02/08/2005 9:51 am
Originally Posted by: x0o_BurnOut_o0x...just because there arent that many famous bands with chicks in them playing doesnt mean that relationship between chicks and guitars doesnt exist. :D

This wouuld probably be something to talk about.
I wonder why it is this is true.
It's not like women cannot sing. They can. Often better than men. Then those that are known for singing as well as playing their guitars are pretty good. But that's the thing there. Pretty good. You don't often hear a woman's name mentioned is the same sentences that the common (even cliched) guitar gods, Van Halen, Hendrix, SRV, Malmsteen, Pat Metheny (I like this dude) are mentioned. I'm told there are some awesome female classical guitarists out there, but if you ask someone to mention a Mozart of classical guitarists, they're most likely to say Francesco Tarrega.
I know there's gender discirmination in many places in life, but music, I think, is not one of the places. So I always wonder at this apparent discrepancy.

Off the top of your head, name someone you consider a guitar guru.
Was the first name that came to mind a woman?
How come?
I wonder.
# 5
Moniek
Moniek
02/10/2005 1:59 pm
Yes , I am a girl and i play Electric an Arcoustic guitar :D
[FONT=Arial Black]:D GirlPower! :D[/FONT]
# 6
x0o_BurnOut_o0x
x0o_BurnOut_o0x
02/11/2005 12:09 am
Originally Posted by: kingdavid

Off the top of your head, name someone you consider a guitar guru.
Was the first name that came to mind a woman?
How come?
I wonder.

its like i said cause no chicks have devoted there time to becomeing the best, no one has challenged those dudes, its because no chick has hit it big yet, and i agree, i could never c myself up there because i realize i never would be able to be one of them, because no one would think i could do it cause im a chick, there is no room in the music industry for a badass chick guitar player. :mad: which pisses me off because i would love to. As for the singing thing i would leave that up to other ppl, i suck at singing.
We've been dancin' with Mr. Brownstone...
# 7
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
02/11/2005 1:54 am
virtuosos in general,even guys,arn't ever considered 'big time' or 'make it big'...Go to any mainstream concert or gathering and yell out "Yngwie Malmsteen is the best guitarist!"...watch the eyebrows raise and faces contort and wrinkle in stupidity.

Most instrumentals are passed by if heard "cuz dare ain't no sing'n!" or "What is that,beethoven?" or "What is this,sum jazz crap?"

I'll stop before I rant on about mainstream sheep...
Try once,fail twice...
# 8
RHONDAV
RHONDAV
09/02/2006 1:30 am
I PLAY LEAD GUITAR....
CHECK OUT MY PAGE
WWW.myspace.com/rhondav

:-)
# 9
Krunek
Krunek
09/02/2006 5:02 am
Originally Posted by: RHONDAVI PLAY LEAD GUITAR....
CHECK OUT MY PAGE
WWW.myspace.com/rhondav

My kid sister plays a guitar... Not great, but not so bad either. And she sings awesome. Awesome. And is also so very cute... It runs in the family. :)

... The music part, not the cute part. :D
# 10
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
09/02/2006 8:51 am
CHECK OUT MY PAGE
WWW.myspace.com/rhondav

:-)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=RHONDAV]I PLAY LEAD GUITAR....
CHECK OUT MY PAGE
WWW.myspace.com/rhondav

Wow :)
Really impressive. Gotta admit it's one of the few times I've checked out a music post on GT and actually listened to the entire songs several times, cause I really enjoyed em.

Just outa curiosity, are you ever into doing collaborations over the net?
I really like your sound and it'd be nice to share ideas with someone who has a fresh perspective on music styles and the talent to go with it.
I've got about 50 instrumental/unfinished songs (mostly techno/rock but other styles as well) that require a female vocalist/musician to collaborate with... after several years of searching for someone to work with, I kinda gave up on finding anyone so it'd be nice to work with someone with some decent talent...

My stuff's here...I do all the instruments/vocals and harmonies myself:

SoundClick:
http://www.soundclick.com/schmange

Or Demos...
http://s93744050.onlinehome.us/SchmangeOnline/schmangesoundtracksnew.html (or just short demos of unfinished stuff)

If yer not interested... just ignore me.
If ya wanna talk more, gimme a shout.
# 11
Fret spider
Fret spider
09/02/2006 11:46 am
CHECK OUT MY PAGE
WWW.myspace.com/rhondav

good stuff, liked it.

as to the reason why there arnt as many amazing female guitarests as men im sure its just social programin and such. i think guys tend to be more competitive, and guitar is seen as a guy thing, so some girls get intimidated.

im sure i am overgeneralisin. but its the only answer i can think of.
# 12
pizzicatopicker
pizzicatopicker
09/03/2006 7:06 pm
Li Jie. She was downright the best classical guitarist I've ever seen. She put my pizzicato to shame, heh.
# 13
kennyp46
kennyp46
09/03/2006 7:48 pm
"My kid sister plays a guitar... Not great, but not so bad either. And she sings awesome. Awesome. And is also so very cute..." Another Ana Popovic in the making.
...don't criticize what you can't understand. Your sons and your daughters are beyond your command. Your old road is rapidly agin'.
# 14
Krunek
Krunek
09/04/2006 4:12 am
Originally Posted by: kennyp46"My kid sister plays a guitar... Not great, but not so bad either. And she sings awesome. Awesome. And is also so very cute..." Another Ana Popovic in the making.

? Who is Ana Popovic? Sounds like a serbian surname... I am a Croat, bare that in mind... Although, i have a similar surname. Anyhow, Croats and Serbs don"t get along well these past years... We were at war from "90-95. Bad thing it was, a very bad thing. Back to the point... Who is Ana?
# 15

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.