View post (how to: make a good song)

View thread

Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
04/08/2005 3:52 pm
Originally Posted by: Jackson#1If you want a way to look at. Think of movies, the first thing that a movie has is something that catches the viewers attention. In the same way your song must have that. To catch the ear of the person listening so they don't turn the dial. Next is the verse or the story build up, it's what introduces and build up the song or the movie. Chorus is gonna be the catchy part, everything that somebody is gonna remember. So the song is basically built around the chorus(something you want the listeners to understand or get out of the song). The ending is big and has to be dramatic, it will need to be something that will make the person want to listen to the song again. Most of it comes down to originallity, make the song your own and how its built!!! ;)

Good metaphor. And to build off that, is your song gonna be like one of those movies where you can tell what's gonna happen next or is it more like one that you think you know what's going on but in actuality you don't? One could spend all day branching off that one alone, but I'll leave it at that because I don't feel like being redundant right now. I'll give you all a break.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.