What is the future of music?

HDJ
Explanation: Southerner
HDJ
Explanation: Southerner
01/28/2005 9:33 pm
Originally Posted by: HammurabiI wouldn't be surprised if disco came back. Modified, of course. I'm surprised I haven't heard a techno 'staying alive' yet.

I agree with that. It's about time for disco to rear it's ugly head again. Music popularity goes in circles, and it's disco's turn to come back...

I also think that guitar solo's will be back "in style" soon. I hope so, that's one thing I miss about the 80's.
Check out my band:
Havoc Din
# 1
alucard0941
alucard0941
01/28/2005 10:09 pm
Originally Posted by: Tele MasterThere is no such thing as rock n'roll anymore, it's all hard-core processed pop punk. What will kids be listening to in years to come? Floyd, zep, SRV, hendrix, sly and the family stone, cream, yardbirds, beatles, stones, bad company, boston,doors, aerosmith, GNR, van halen....no body is gonna give a shiat about britney spears and her gay ass, retarded "scandals". I pray to god that reality TV will go out of style tomorrow, rap gets a bomb dropped on it, and record companies start thinking about the music instead of the $$.

There will be no such crap as lip sinking , "because your sick", o boohoo your life is so hard because your sister paved the way for you. I hate frigin hippocrits...dressing punk but their music is more sissy than a weaner dog. Hopefully good songwriting will re-take the world and end the pain of over played emo junk. emo sucks as well...stop using the big words and breathing hard everytime you end a line, we get the point..YOUR GAY...ok. that let off some steam

you rite man.

im tired of people getting rich cause how they look and now how they perform.

i just wanna kill the f***ing sh*t out of them. :mad:

(man im acting like an emo guy.... :( )
__
/--\
o-/-||-\-o
o-/ -||- \-o
o-\ -||- /-o
\___/
|--|
|--|
|--|
:eek:

My Music

whoooo hoooo !!!!
# 2
Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
01/29/2005 3:30 am
The future... is VElvet reVolvER!! good ole fashioned genuine rawk music!! :) Their second album will be out end of the year!
# 3
alucard0941
alucard0941
01/29/2005 4:13 am
Originally Posted by: Axl_RoseThe future... is VElvet reVolvER!! good ole fashioned genuine rawk music!! :) Their second album will be out end of the year!

man your addicted or Revolver :p
__
/--\
o-/-||-\-o
o-/ -||- \-o
o-\ -||- /-o
\___/
|--|
|--|
|--|
:eek:

My Music

whoooo hoooo !!!!
# 4
01/29/2005 4:16 am
Originally Posted by: Axl_RoseThe future... is VElvet reVolvER!! good ole fashioned genuine rawk music!! :) Their second album will be out end of the year!

you should be there offical spokesman or something :cool:
rock & roll ant muisic
its a way of life
:cool:
# 5
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
01/30/2005 10:26 am
Originally Posted by: AkiraNah, axl should buy some frilly underwear and become a groupie...
[font=trebuchet ms]Maybe someone will give him some lacy knickers for his birthday![/font]
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 6
moody_fa_loonie
moody_fa_loonie
01/31/2005 12:50 am
its been there done that....david bowie in particular or ziggystardust or whatever the hell he calls himself lol
# 7
ranma187
ranma187
01/31/2005 4:51 am
what about all that power, neo-classical, prog and folk metal thats been going on in europe all these years?

wow i actually can buy sonata arctica and nightwish cds in the local cd store now... no more ordering those cd's and waiting for weeks. i'm serious a lot of those bands are beginning to make a north american impact. go out right now and buy a cd called withering heights: far from the madding crowd. Of course you've never heard of it but that is seriously the best metal album i have ever heard since all the bands started going crappy around 1995.

since 1995 i've been dissapointed by korn cause they brang out rap metal. i was dissapointed at mansons new stuff cause he bought his own hype. metallica went country and then tried to sound like nu-metal. bands like slipknot, papa roach etc came out and all they could do is strum extremely distorted power chords and whine about how ****ed up life is. even tool went too hippy! and i don't know what billy corgan was smoking when he formed zwan... i mean he must of been smoking some really potent stuff to have written that crap.

i was so unmoved by all this new popular music. and that rebellious music was now popular and worse all these wannabe rebellion puppets started becomming popular. i almost gave up on music and guitar playing cause i was so dissapointed.... until my friend introduced me to european metal.. and i becamed revolutionised as a musician.

i swear that stuff is the future of music!
# 8
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
01/31/2005 4:59 am
Originally Posted by: ranma187... i was so unmoved by all this new popular music. and that rebellious music was now popular and worse all these wannabe rebellion puppets started becomming popular. i almost gave up on music and guitar playing cause i was so dissapointed.... until my friend introduced me to european metal.. and i became revolutionised as a musician.

i swear that stuff is the future of music!
[font=trebuchet ms]I don't like metal, so I don't know whether to hope you're wrong, or to hope that you're right??[/font] :confused:
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 9
moody_fa_loonie
moody_fa_loonie
01/31/2005 5:01 am
nicely done.....nice point u made about that band....i think gonna take a look around for their album and if i dont like em. "they call me mr.tibbs" is what im gonna do lol
# 10
ranma187
ranma187
01/31/2005 2:55 pm
oooh i made a typo. the band is called wuthering heights not withering :o

btw lordofdastrings: what type of metal do you not like? there is so many bands out there that people call metal and they all suck!

and what kind of music do you like the most? whats your style of guitar?
oh and i plan to go guitar shopping in calgary so do you know any good guitar stores?
# 11
rockonn91
rockonn91
01/31/2005 3:05 pm
Originally Posted by: KutzkiDUDES
listen its talk like that
that is making Rock N Roll NOT come back!!!!
you gotta believe!!!
ZEPPLIN WILL ALWAYS RULE!!!!
k music needs a revolution thats really it
we havent had a band like even "the beatles" that everyone has at least heard of
and we need a revolution for rock and roll!!! :cool:
k dudes rock on and BELIEVE!!!

man ur my hero! lol exactly wat i want right there.
rock n roll will never die. never ever.

i wanna nother band like acdc to get big. that would be so awsome.
JK :cool:

-Agile Guitars Enthusiast
# 12
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
01/31/2005 4:17 pm
Originally Posted by: rockonn91i wanna nother band like acdc to get big. that would be so awsome.

Jet or the Darkness is probably the closest we'll be seeing for a while.
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 13
TheWizard
TheWizard
01/31/2005 9:22 pm
Originally Posted by: KutzkiDUDES
listen its talk like that
that is making Rock N Roll NOT come back!!!!
you gotta believe!!!
ZEPPLIN WILL ALWAYS RULE!!!!
k music needs a revolution thats really it
we havent had a band like even "the beatles" that everyone has at least heard of
and we need a revolution for rock and roll!!! :cool:
k dudes rock on and BELIEVE!!!

spell ZEPPELIN correctly
Alas Gandalf lives, Middle Earth is again safe...
# 14
Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
02/01/2005 1:45 am
Since its my birthday... can I do this... *throws tv out guitartricks hotel room window* :)
# 15
guitarkim5588
guitarkim5588
02/01/2005 1:49 am
Hahaha, the darkness makes me laugh. It takes a VERY comfortable guy to be able to do what that lead singer does.
# 16
02/01/2005 2:10 am
Originally Posted by: rockonn91
i wanna nother band like acdc to get big. that would be so awsome.

theres a new band out called silvertide. i dont know how the rest of there
songs sound like but the one they have out now (ant comein home) sounds
alot like acdc. to me they sound like acdc meets skynyrd.
:)
rock & roll ant muisic
its a way of life
:cool:
# 17
Hamberg
Hamberg
02/01/2005 2:50 am
Originally Posted by: TheWizardspell ZEPPELIN correctly

ok, zeplin
Bass guitar is the answer to everything
# 18
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
02/01/2005 3:15 am
Originally Posted by: ranma187oooh i made a typo. the band is called wuthering heights not withering :o [/QUOTE][font=trebuchet ms]LOL Actually, I liked it better your way.[/font]

Originally Posted by: ranma187... btw lordofdastrings: what type of metal do you not like? there is so many bands out there that people call metal and they all suck! ...[/QUOTE][font=trebuchet ms]I find that[/font] [font=copperplate gothic bold]'scooped-mids-growling-vocals-about-death-&-destruction'[/font][font=trebuchet ms] kinda scene gets old in a hurry. So I gotta say "All of it". Bear in mind I was around when Led Zeppelin was on the Top 40 as new releases, and Black Sabbath was considered 'seriously underground' stuff. To me, Iron Maiden sounds like Jazz with a lot of distortion. When I heard that Metallica(?) cover of "Whiskey In The Jar", I collapsed in a fit of giggles.[/font] :rolleyes:

Originally Posted by: ranma187... and what kind of music do you like the most? ...
[font=trebuchet ms]I like music where the lyrics tell a story, and the music serves to help tell the tale. Obviously, it helps if I like the story. I think one of the best examples of that would be a song off the Triumph limited-release "Best Of" vinyl LP. I don't have the LP anymore (long story), and I can't remember the title, but it was a minstrel's lament about how the city was crowding out people's ability to appreciate good music. It's arranged in three parts that showcase Rik Emmett's amazing skills in different styles, ranging from nylon-string classical, through shred, to balls-out rock.

I can't claim to play it well, but I love good Blues. Not where some string-slinger is showing off - I crave the pure, soul-rending expressiveness of an artist who knows as much about what not to play as what he can play. I think SRV was just starting to settle into a good thing at the time of his death. The good stuff was yet to come, and we didn't get to hear it. I recently bought "True Stories" by Jimmy Thackery & The Drivers, and I like it.[/font]

[QUOTE=ranma187]... whats your style of guitar?...
[font=trebuchet ms]I liked my black 1984 Yamaha SBG1000 so much (see next to my name above), that two years ago, I bought another one just like it. My first one has a DiMarzio Dual Sound at the bridge and a DiMarzio SCHB at the neck. Strung with D'Addario EJ-21's for solid tone. My second SBG has a DiMarzio Tone Zone at the bridge and a DiMarzio PAF Pro at the neck. Strung with D'Addario EXL-110's so's I can get slinky with it. I also have a pair of Washburn Stage Series; one original hard-tail, and a re-issue with a Floyd Rose. And a bunch of other stuff.[/font]

[QUOTE=ranma187]... oh and i plan to go guitar shopping in calgary so do you know any good guitar stores?
[font=trebuchet ms]Two that I can recommend from personal experience.

Guitarworks: 602 - 16th Avenue NW (at the corner of 5th Street W). 1-403-284-2866 ask for Bryce.

Long & McQuade: 105 - 58th Avenue SW (near the C-train tracks) 1-403-244-5555.

If you can't get what you want at either of these places, you don't really need it![/font]
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 19
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
02/01/2005 3:25 am
Ever get into Motrohead ?

I think they are still one of my favorite bands.
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.