View post (Cobain v.s. Hendrix)

View thread

Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
01/27/2005 11:59 pm
Originally Posted by: 1791cobains aproach lasted what a decade and now its dieing off and people are startin to breing that old hendrix style back

1). If you think that Cobain's influence has already died off, you're not listening very closely to a lot of what's going on in music today.

2). "and people are startin to breing that old hendrix style back"

Think about that statement for a moment: Hendrix's style was here... then it died out... but now it's coming back.

Don't virtually all musical "movements" do that from time to time? Metal was really big for a while, then faded away only to make a come back. Ska has come and gone three times in the last 45 years. Interest in Blues trailed off for quite some time before SRV ressurected it in the 80, then it made an even bigger comeback for a while in the late 90's. Swing had a recent resurgence, so did jam bands, so (I think) is Bluegrass and possibly even more "classic" Country. Johnny Cash is probably as popular now as he's ever been.

So, maybe it seems to you that "Grunge" is about to die and never be heard from again.

But don't go anywhere near Stonerrock.com if you want to maintain that illusion.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons