View post (Roy buchanan..My New Guitar hero)

View thread

Silimtao
Silimtao
01/22/2005 2:07 am
Originally Posted by: Incidents HappenIf you don't know what I mean by Clapton and Hendrix having bad technique, then you most likely haven't been exposed to classical or jazz music. I'm not going to explain why 2 + 2 = 4.

~Incidents

Dude, I was listening to Django, Pass, Charlie Christian (you know him?), and had private lessons with Lenny Breau before you were born . I started playing guitar about 35 yrs. ago. I started classical music lessons over *40* yrs. ago. If you remember, I responded to your post about music schools, and told you about my experiences at Berklee. I've run the gamut of all styles- excepting maybe hardcore metal/shredding. You made a statement, and I asked a valid question. Your response suggests there's some kind of objective measuring stick to "good technique". All I asked was YOUR interpretation of "bad" technique, more specifically as to how it applies to Hendrix and Clapton. It's become apparent you can't back up your statement with some type of explanation. :confused:
Silimtao-The Way of the Little Idea

I want to die peacefully like my grandfather. Unlike the other passengers in the car, screaming and crying. (unknown)