View post (Roy buchanan..My New Guitar hero)

View thread

Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
01/21/2005 3:13 am
Originally Posted by: Chass:cool: In response to incidents...Clapton in your opinion may have ****ty technique but how many millions of dollars have you made outa your music and how many fans do you have Incidents???????

How is that a "good point"? That is so incredibly irrelevant. It's so pathetic that people use a person's fame as a way to argue their way. Look, Clapton's technique sucks. I never said he was a poor songwriter or anything like that, but face it, his technique really really sucks. Same with Hendrix. *Gasp*! Not Hendrix! Now that's not to say that I don't appreciate him as a social icon, but I'd like to hear anyone argue that Clapton and Hendrix had good technique. And the argument that they had "good technique" for their time is bull****, too. Ever heard of Django Reinhardt? Two fingers. Two fingers.

~Incidents

but eric clapton and jimi hendrix wouldn't compare to the guitarists we have today. They were big because they were the first of there time to do sick licks and stuff.. ya know?