View post (Selling equipment??)

View thread

Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
01/19/2005 1:16 am
Originally Posted by: Homebrew1709Is there some kind of policy on the forum about selling gear? Ive never really seen any kind of commerce going on. This seems like a great place to buy/sell stuff!
[font=trebuchet ms]We never did settle on a consensus about that. Once you've been here long enough to establish a reputation, I think it may be OK to post some stuff in the Gear forum. Subject to the following conditions:

• Senior Members [u]only[/u]. No exceptions. No bitchin'.
  • Don't write a fancy advertisement. Just list the gear you want to sell, and ask interested members to send you an e-mail.
  • Post your listing to the Gear forum [u]only[/u]. We don't like it when people drop in just long enough to spam up the board with ads, we don't want our members doing so either.
  • Don't list prices, or get into negotiations in the forum.
  • Guitar Tricks can't be responsible for any misrepresentations made by a seller or any prospective buyers. Our only part in this activity is to allow you to announce that you have some items you would like to sell.
  • Gear For Sale listing threads may be deleted for any breach of the Forum rules.
  • A time limit (30 days?) may be imposed so that we can delete old sale threads.

NOTE:I haven't checked this with Jon, so at this point, this is only a proposal. I'll ask him about it. Meanwhile, this is a chance for members to chime in with their thoughts on the subject.[/font]
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons