View post (Your emotions, how they work to your advantage....)

View thread

Joseph
Joseph
04/04/2001 8:19 pm
Originally posted by cowman
Many people have told me that some of those songs sound good, but I don't like to play 'em because of where they came from, anger. Think I only use those kind of compositions to throw away my bad feelings.... [/B]

Of course you can't rely on how others feel, you have to learn to let your feelings out rule the rest, (because in the end your personal satisfaction is all that matters.Ive gotten into the habit of recording several different guitar riffs like a mad man, and then just setting them aside for weeks, Because for the first few days of our writings, we are very judgmental, but if you just give yourself a little bit of time you'll begin to start focusing on the positive aspects your compositions. Being that you'll have a better idea of whats crap and whats not.

Throughout the day, there are so many things that happen that force us to loose out train our thoughts, where we draw a blank at home with our guitar in hand. Although its safe to say that long drives tend to help us relax, I like to take long walks, it helps stimulate my mind, amd takes away some of your anxieties, so you'll just be able to concentrate on the music thats in your head.

-Joseph
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."