View post (Who influinced you to play guitar?)

View thread

Joseph
Joseph
03/28/2001 10:42 pm
Originally posted by Zeppelin
At first i really liked queen and wanted to learn guitar because i really liked to play some brian's solos...

Ive always been influence by alot of the bands who came out in the seventies, because alot of those guys expressed their personal side through music, and it helped alot of us get a better perspective of who they were, (from the inside.) I used to spend countless hours in my room when I was much younger, just sitting back in the dark and absorbing all of my favorite tunes, and in a way just trying to feeling and imagine what was going on through the contributors mind during the compositional process. With alot of the bands today, it seems like they're holding back, but alot of the bands from the seventies weren't afraid to let their personal side come to the surface for the better of their work..

Its safe to say that I have just about every Queen record that was released, what an amazing and very passionate group. But yeah we all switch from one bad to another, because its all about being in the moment, and for a surfer, its all about riding that wave through...

-Joseph
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."