View post (Bloody Singers!!)

View thread

Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
03/09/2005 10:43 pm
Originally Posted by: killerqueenthe thing is, he's really not a very good guitarist... he only started about 6 months ago! i appreciate that he wants to play, but he just cant do the stuff we're doing, he's just not good enough to play lead, and (trying not to sound too bigheaded) i CAN do all the solos and had the songs worked out for playing live with 1 guitar, so we dont even really need a second guitar!!![/QUOTE]
Look, if he's not that good then the rest of the band CAN'T have not noticed (not if they're any good, anyway).

You're going to have to have a band meeting and you're going to have to put your foot down. Sooner rather than later. I think the bottom line is that you've been in the band longer, you can DO the guitar work and he can't, and the rest of the band should have your back.

If all goes well, let me start sharing some of the lead work as he gets better. If it doesn't -- well, he's not the only person out there who can sing.

[QUOTE=killerqueen]nope not really... i'm just being terribly british at the moment and avoiding him like the plague

You know, back during the Cold War, the Soviets strung a series of floating buoys across the North Atlantic to listen for submarines. While my country's navy was busy trying to decide how to slip by them, the Royal Navy used them for target practice.

Be that kind of British about it.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons