View post (need to win a bet)

View thread

Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
12/16/2004 3:47 pm
Originally Posted by: PonyOnei swear, i need to just acquire every piece of gear you own...[/QUOTE] [font=trebuchet ms]Ooooh, yeah! I'm getting some pictures taken over the Christmas break - you may decide to settle for less after you see them.[/font]
Originally Posted by: PonyOnebecause i played VT-40 a few years ago that i loved and opened up on more than any other amp i've played with in a store; it was really beat up and only $200, and when i came back with my next check it was gone...[/QUOTE][font=trebuchet ms]Mine was flood damaged to the point that only the guts of the amp could be saved. I replaced the open-back 4x10" cab with a sealed 1x15" cab that I built myself. It's a 1977 master-volume model so I can roll back the volume to play small rooms, and for tone, it just kills those wimpy lil' Fenders![/font]
Originally Posted by: PonyOne ... and then i went and played an SBG-500 the second to last time I was in Boston and got it... then returned it... because there was no way for me to bring it back home with me on the plane :( like an extra 10lbs in the cargo hold is really gonna matter.
[font=trebuchet ms]I recall you mentioned that you had tried one out, but I didn't know you actually bought it! And then you had to take it back? :eek:

Here's a tip: If you're out of town, and you find a piece of gear that you can't take home with you, take it 'round to a moving company. They'll pack it for you, and if you aren't in any hurry, you can get it shipped for about $1 a pound![/font]

[QUOTE=PonyOne]That and my bridge p/u of choice is the almighty ToneZone. Great minds think alike.
:cool:

[QUOTE=PonyOne]i'm not ashamed that while my "nice" amp, my JC120, sits in my bedroom, my 15-watt Vox Pathfinder sits in the living room for me to jam on in front of guests, or for guests to give a whirl. The tone on that little thing is great, and that's all that really matters in the long run... tone...
[font=trebuchet ms]Tone is all that really matters, [u]period[/u]![/font]
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons