View post (Guitar Solos)

View thread

Joseph
Joseph
03/18/2001 3:44 am
Anything from Jimmy Page, his style has influenced me in so many different ways. Its such a great feeling when you can finally nail that guitar solo that you've been hearing inside your head for weeks, its such a powerful feeling, where you almost feel like you're on top of the world. Its such an indescribable feeling when we hear some of our favorite guitar solos for the first time, the first time I heard Page's solo on "Stairway to Heaven", I swear I thought it was the great thing ive ever heard (and to some extent I still feel that way.) Jimmy Page's solos always reflect just enough of his personality, where you can kind of get an idea of how he was feeling at that particular moment, (being that alot of his solos were written rather impulsively.)

When playing the solos of others, its great to go by the rules and follow the soing note for note, but once you get comfortable, don't be afraid to add some of your own style into it, which is the vert essence of creativity. Ide rather hear a sloppy (unpredictable soloist) than a programed robot...

-Joseph

www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."