View post (pop vs. rock)

View thread

Bardsley
Bardsley
03/23/2001 1:03 am
Ok, well I can see the humour in that comment too... hehehehe, god I hate those guys.
Oh how it was a waste that Jeff Buckley died, I am listening to him sing Hallelujah, it is fantastic.
On another note, I saw Dylan two nights ago. It was amazing, as he is my idol, and he did a great concert. Whoever it was talking about using voice in interesting ways, he can barely get the notes out, but you should've heard him sing Highway 61, in which the "oooooonne" he screamed for longer than some people sing entire verses.
It is odd though, I like him as a modern performer, and also what he did so long ago. It is on;y when you see him in concert for the first time (as I just did), that he no longer exists as that young 24 year old rock legend, or the 20 year old folk musician, or the 30 year old who sung Blood on the tracks. YOu see photos and hear albums of him so much younger, it is odd to think that it doesn't exist anymore.
I realise this is completely off the topic, but it is odd to see someone who has managed to span the generations, constantly creating relevant music, rather than being stuck in one time.
"Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year, it's just not that widely reported".