View post (pop vs. rock)

View thread

Bardsley
Bardsley
03/16/2001 5:06 am
Did you think perhaps it is merely because you don't want to hear any meaning in anyone's lyrics? And weren't we just talking about nsync, I mean I don't like them, but to complain on one hand of these crap boy bands and then complain about people not being able to sing is silly. Those guys can sing, they might not scream in pain, but hey. I could list countless people around here who can sing perfectly well. It's like you guys are picking on some musicians for some things, and others for other things, and translating it into a suggestion that modern musicians can't do any of it.
What's the point in complaining about the music scene? Go out and do something about it if it annoys you so much, and if you don't get noticed, maybe you might develop a new respect for the people who you constantly suggest have no talent.
Fender Man said that he too could be famous if someone told him where to dance, how to stand etc. Maybe he should consider why it is that he isn't famous then, and others are.It's very easy to criticise, it actually takes conviction to do something about it, but then you wouldn't have anything to complain about would you?

"Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year, it's just not that widely reported".