View post (..the first cut is the...)

View thread

RobSm
RobSm
06/04/2005 9:30 am
I am learning to be patient...:o)

I was set to clear gloss the SAGA & when I gave it a light 600 sand as directed I rubbed through in a couple of spots. No wonder I didn't get any runs & drips ..I only laid on a few molecules depth.

I tried to touch it up with nail polish ...didn't work..so back to the drawing board or rather the clothes line with a fresh can of paint. This time I gave it many many coats & did get a couple of run which of course one has to sand level. Patience!!

Meanwhile I took my necks to the local guitar repair man to have the peg holes altered..I did not want to buy reamers rat tail files etc . I have them back with a couple of very small chips in the finish on the warmoth neck which will be covered by the tuners. But I will probably try to touch them in with clear epoxy using a pin.

Tomorrow I will clear coat the SAGA neck & body & probably mount the tuners in the warmoth neck if the eopxy stuff looks OK.

I've decide not to put look alike stickers and be true no-namers. LOL

All going to plan I hope...but after the clear coat it is recommended to wait ONE MONTH before ruibbing to gloss.

As I said I'm learning to be VERY patient.

In the meantime I can practice my soldering techniques LOL. What could be simpler?????

I will add more pictures when I have something that is worth looking at.

Onward & Upward!! But can anyone tellme...where can I post little sound samples (yes I'm an optimist) when finished..Like is there a 'Photobucket' type site for sound?
Robbo