View post (would this work)

View thread

tehplatypus
tehplatypus
10/31/2004 11:34 pm
Originally Posted by: schmange..course the other choice is just give up & go direct.
I record from like, midnight to about 8 a.m. & the neighbors bedroom window is only about 15 feet away. So I end up going direct line in and use either a redbox cabinetulator or AmpliTube & record with headphones all the time.
If you want to get a feedback on certain notes, all you do is turn up the computer speakers slightly, hold the guitar close to em and you get sustained feedback without all the amp noise.
I kinda miss the 'ooomph' ya get from an amp, but the advantage is you can record a direct clean signal and then add whatever amp simulation you want later.

that does work.......but one thing i hate about going direct is that the signal is much colder and not nearly as warm or responsive as when you're recording speakers interpreting your sound....afterall....going direct can't sound like a 4x12 and won't catch the resonance of the room or space or anything.......but whatever....i think i'm probably too leaning more towards the professional side of things to get too involved in recording discussions.....because what i find works for best recordings normally isn't practical for everyone else in the world.

but yeah, going direct is an option...i just could never bring myself to say it because i hate amp modeling units and don't agree at all with it sounding like the real thing.
okay...my post is done...goodbye.