View post (What the f***)

View thread

Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
08/20/2004 2:44 pm
Originally Posted by: iihollyThats a bad example (no offense.) ....
[font=trebuchet ms]I think it's brilliant example!

It sounds like a verbatim quote from a few situations I've been in. And Hootayah sound like he was there, too.

If I'm entertaining friends at home, it's OK - almost expected. I have the right gear close at hand, and I can give a reasonable sampling of what they want to hear. If the host made it clear when you were invited that you were likely to be requested to play, you would have had the opportunity to accept that condition or explain that you would be glad to attend as a guest, but you were not interested in being part of the entertainment. But to impose upon a guest is [u]very[/u] bad manners on their part. That's not a party invitation; that's an ambush!

Remenber the joke about the doctor and the lawyer at a party? The doctor complained to the lawyer that people kept pestering him for free diagnoses. The lawyer suggested that it would be appropriate to submit a bill for services rendered. The doctor enthusiasticly strode off to the bill the offendiing freeloader. When the doctor returned the thank him, the lawyer said "I'm glad I could help! Here's your bill for my services." [/font]:)
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons