View post (fun on stage)

View thread

TheDirt
TheDirt
08/08/2004 6:44 am
Last weekend I went to a local bar to shoot pool (pool's my number one hobby after music). They had a band playing that wasn't bad at all. A bit into the night, the band took a break, and the singer was up and about talking to people. He happened to start talking to the owner of the bar, a friend of mine, who said that I couple play pretty good guitar and he should let me sit in a couple songs. The guy asked me if I wanted to and I kind of grinned and said no thanks. Well, 5 minutes later when they started playing again, the singer said, "We're excited to have a guest guitarist, Mr. Jared Wilson, playing with us" and pointed me out. Everybody looked at me, and so I went up and grabbed a guitar (what else could I do having been put on the spot like that?). After the first song (which I think was "Mustang Sally"), there was a massive applause, and I motioned to take off the guitar and said "Thanks", but the singer said, "Where are you going? That was great! Keep playing!". I ended up playing the rest of the night (like 2 hours), and everyone said I did great. It was so much fun.
"You must stab him in the heart with the Bone Saber of Zumacalis... well, you could stab him in the head or the lungs, too... and the saber, it probably doesn't have to be bone, just anything sharp lying around the house... you could poke him with a pillow and kill him."

- Aqua Teen Hunger Force, The Universal Re-Monster