View post (fun on stage)

View thread

spanky10940
spanky10940
08/06/2004 9:20 pm
Since we've heard about some of everones bad experiences on stage.. howzabout some good ones? Of course I bring it up because I had an awesome one!!!!

A good friend runs a open mic night at a pretty dead bar so it usually winds up just being a few friends and I "practicing" in the bar (kinda cool actually) and every now and again a few people would show up. Well, last night there was about 15 people there that actually showed up to play! carrying in amps, a small travel practice drum kit.. 3 bass players.. 4 guitarists... this one kid Mike, god could this kid sing! His wife had a set of pipes on her too..

Needless to say it was a great night! The best part about the whole thing was it was people I've never seen before, or probably will again but having the chance to hang out and jam (well I might add) with new people was such a good time. I still have the high school, just got some, grin from last night. I think that's what I love most about playing is that you don't really have to know someone to have a good time and really put on a show for some people.... :cool:
"The one truly great thing about this life is that noone can sincerely and truly help someone, without helping themselves"

Ralph Waldo Emerson