View post (By force of habit...)

View thread

Joseph
Joseph
02/24/2001 10:57 pm
Yes, there are always certain parts from this solo that I tend to use (rather unconciously) when I improvise with my technique, its such a powerful song, and everytime I hear it I just can't get it out of my head. Jimmy Page's arrangments are very unique if you compare his to others around his time, he knew exactly how to combine rock and blues together where he often diguised one or the other. He's a very unpredictable musician, who relys on whatever it takes to bring out hius personality through his songs.

Of course there are so many other solos that just come out of nowhere during those impulsive practice session, but none quite like Stairway To Heaven. I know its safe to say that of people blow this song way out of proportion, and for alot of people they really don't understand what makes this song so special, but it has alot to with the mystery. No one knows exactly who the lady was that Plant envisioned in his mind, but with the amazing arrangements of sounds, we can't help putting our own pieces of the puzzle together, where certain parts of this song really have a way of making us think about certain relationships, our past as well as our future. I think when it comes to the lyrics, Robert Plant felt the need to leave this song open to many interpretations, giving the people a chance to think for themselves.
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."