View post (doom 3)

View thread

Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
08/12/2004 4:58 am
I'm likely going to sell my PS2 and all the games, as I'm finding them to be not fun at all anymore. I could get about $225-$250 for my PS2 and the games, which would add on to the $3500 that i have saved up for the custom.

I'm getting back into reading; Last summer, I read no less than 10,000 pages of books; this summer, i've read about 400. The reason? Work.

(Personal Rant)

I'd also like to say that I tried Magic Mushrooms last night for the first time, and they were an incredible conscious-changing device. Now, it's not something I'd be an advocate for or against, but they definitely did not diminish my ability as a musician when I woke up this morning. Rather, the contrary; Alot of the questions I had about possibilities were solved, and overall it was a fresh glance at the world.

For example, we were walking by this church (it was a cloudy day) and I looked up and the clouds formed to Ice, and the chimney-thing on the church
appeared as if it were holding it all together. Or, for example, I had a vision about the possibility of words lining words, or three-dimensional sentences (that is to say that every line has infinite possibility for extension, and that words, phrases, and sentences can be erected from the bases of other words and sentences.) In order to explain this, first you have to free the notion that writing a sentence is linear, and think of the possibility of writing a base sentence that another is built upon.

Take a piece of paper, write a sentence. Now put that paper flat on a desk. Now put your head on the very edge of the desk, seeing the lines you've written, and imagine the ink as a base of an architectual piece, as if the base sentence is really slabs of concrete.

An example is the letter N as a base letter. You can erect an A on top of the N because A requires two columns. Do not think of it like this-

A
N

as that would be taking it too literally ant less imaginitively as this requires. The best way to describe it would be to say that the base letters would be written parallel to the ground, and the letter ontop of it would be perpendicular to the ground; It would something like this-

A
. .

without that big space in there. Does anybody get me?

~Incidents