View post (6- way rotary switch)

View thread

the fool
the fool
07/26/2004 3:27 pm
lordathestrings, i checked out the site. which in there is the 6- way rotary switch? Is it the 2 pole, 6- way rotary switch that i should get or are there other 6- rotary switches there that has a different number of poles besidse two? pardon me- i havent seen what a 6 way rotary switch looks like from the outside- it's a very new thing to me. BTW, I also have a number of questions regarding the switch and I was wondering if you can help me out: 1) How does a 6 way rotary switch work? (in particular, how does it work with a 3 way toggle switch and also, let's with a varitone switch if supposedly there's a varitone switch in the guitar) 2) Is there a difference between the 5 and 6 way rotary switch? 3) I went to the PRS site and tried to understand how a 5- way rotary switch works but I don't understand why they number the functions from 6- 10, and also the need for a push pull tone (ie, if there's a bypass position in the switch, why do they need to have a push pull pot to disable the rotary switch) 4) I checked out the said site and there's so many types of them rotary switches out there (there's even ceramic ones), which 6- way rotary switch is the best out there? should i go with the ceramic ones or is there anything better when it comes to quality and reliability. Please explain all this to to me in detail if you may. i don't mind reading a lot thnx.
"Lets see… well I play the guitar and when I'm not playing the guitar, I think about playing the guitar. My other favorite instrument, is the guitar and if I aspired to play any other instrument, it would be the guitar...

I can’t sing so I sing through my guitar. So when the sound guy says: “Your guitar is too loud!” I think: "Why does he never say that to the vocalist?"