View post (Is the Vibe different on stage when you play an acoustic set?)

View thread

Joseph
Joseph
02/23/2001 5:50 pm
I grew up listening to The Beatles, so I've always appreciated a good song with a good melody. But I'll admit, when were young we wan't to go to a concert and jump around and get our energy level going, but sometimes theres nothing better than listening to a good acoustic band up close (perhaps with someone special.) And as a musician, no matter what style of music, I usually focus primarily on a guitarists hands, and from an outsiders perspective its very interesting. But Ide like to think that there are alot of people who really appreciate the simplistic sounds of an acoustic show, (no matter what style) especially if you're a musician. Theres always something that you can take with you, certain key elements that are worthwatching out for.

But still, although Ive managed to develop a great deal of confidence when it comes to my playing, you just can't escape the fact that theres always someone watching your fingers, and those little mistakes you make are very noticable to them, (which can be nerve racking.) But call it force of habit, I tend to close my eyes half the time, or just focus on the singers lips or something, because when my playing is anything but natural or if I'm staring a hole right through my fretboard its hard to concentrate.

-Joseph, :).
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."