View post (Is the Vibe different on stage when you play an acoustic set?)

View thread

Joseph
Joseph
02/19/2001 5:25 am
Ive havent played with a band in over a year, that is until this past weekend where I played an acoustic set with a few friends of mine, (nothing too serious) except the arrangments were measnt to be play meticulously in classical form. Something I really have much of a problem with, since I basically larned how to play guitar inside out with classical configurations, which has definitely added just enough extra fluidity to my style over the past several years.

But I forgot how different it is up on stage when playing an acoustic guitar as opposed to electric guitar (and when you don't have a back up guitarists.) When you're doing an electric show theres more room for error. If I make a small mistake, I don't think you can really hear it because of the reverberation in a rather large building, especially if the crowd is screaming and yelling and whatnot. But at the acoustic shows, its more peaceful where, its much more of an intimate thing and if you screw up, it comes out pretty obvious. I think its safe to say I did a good job, with some of my finest playing, as for mistakes, well the show wasn't perfect, but it was good. Heh, I'm never really nervous on stage, but when you have the audience staring into your eyes, it can be a rather eerie feeling dont cha think?

-Joseph, :).
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."