VOODOO CHILD (SLIGHT RETURN)
Jimi Hendrix "Voodoo Child (Slight Return)"
All right Hendrix fans, it's time for another amazing song from the master! "Voodoo Child" features some truly ground-breaking guitar playing with lots of wah pedal, seamless riffing and fills, and intense, raw soloing. Anders Mouridsen will break down all the powerful parts here in twelve guitar lessons, so plug in your wah pedal and get ready to learn one of the greatest guitar songs of all time!
In this song tutorial, Anders Mouridsen will teach you "Voodoo Child", by Jimi Hendrix. Anders will talk about the song as a whole, the gear and tones, then discuss the harmony and some of the overall concepts. Then we'll look at the inimitable intro riff; following that we'll break down the main riff and blues licks. Next up is the verse part, after which we'll break down all the soloing: solo #1 in two parts, and the final solo in two parts....
- Voodoo Child: Introduction
- Next To A Mountain: Gear & Tone
- Tuning, Basic Harmony, Overall Concepts
- Chop It Down: Classic Intro Riff
- Edge Of My Hand: Main Riff + Blues Licks
- Make An Island: First Verse
- Sweet Time: Solo 1 Part 1
- Give It Right Back: Solo 1 Part 2
- Don't Be Late: Solo 2 Part 1
- One More Last Thing: Solo 2 Part 2
- Voodoo Child: Performance
- Voodoo Child: Jam Along
- 12 Videos
- 10 Guitar Tabs
- 10 Scores Sheet Music