SLOW TIME BLUES
Jimi Hendrix "Slow Time Blues"
We have another Jimi Hendrix song for you all, only this time it's an instrumental studio blues jam. "Slow Time Blues" was recorded in 1970 and has the line-up of Hendrix along with Buddy Miles and Billy Cox improvising on an unconventional blues form. This one has all sorts of Jimi's great licks and techniques, and is an intimate look at how he approached improvising and developing ideas!
In this series of lessons, Lee Wanner will be teaching you "Slow Time Blues" by Jimi Hendrix. We'll open with an intro to the tune and a look at the tuning and tones. We'll start the playing with a bang, breaking down the cool opening solo, and move on to the main riff and variations. We'll follow with the transition section ideas before we examine the unusual blues progression and variations. We end with a play along, then you'll jam with the...
- Slow Time Blues: Introduction
- Hendrix Style: Tuning, Gear & Tones
- The Beginning Guitar Solo
- Main Riff and its Variations
- Transition Section: Riffs And Ideas
- Unconventional Blues Progression
- Unusual Blues Progression Variation
- Second & Final Blues Variations
- Slow Time Blues: Performance
- Slow Time Blues: Jam Along
- 10 Videos
- 8 Guitar Tabs
- 8 Scores Sheet Music