THE WIND CRIES MARY
Jimi Hendrix "The Wind Cries Mary"
You'll be hearing happiness staggering down the street as you learn the gorgeous classic rock ballad "The Wind Cries Mary", by Jimi Hendrix. This song is another of the Hendrix greats, with a relaxed and laid-back feel, seductive rhythm riffs and fills, and of course incredible soloing. Anders Mouridsen is going to be your guide in these twelve guitar lessons, so strap on your Strat and listen to the wind!
In this set of 12 videos, Anders Mouridsen will teach you "The Wind Cries Mary", by Jimi Hendrix. We'll start with introducing the song and talking about the gear and tones, then take a look at the harmony and overall concepts. Then it's time to break down the details: the classic intro riff, the first 2 verse parts and variations, the main solo rhythm and lead elements, the last two verses, and the outro lead. We'll conclude with a play along...
- The Wind Cries Mary: Introduction
- Down the Street: Gear & Tones
- Whispers Mary: Basic Harmony & Rhythm
- Jacks Are In Their Boxes: Intro Riff
- Footprints Dress In Red: Verse I
- Drearily Sweeping: Verse 2 Variations
- Pieces of Yesterday's Life: Solo Rhythm
- Turn Up Blue Tomorrow: Solo Lead
- Screams Mary: Last Two Verses
- This Will Be the Last: Outro Lead
- The Wind Cries Mary: Performance
- The Wind Cries Mary: Jam Along
- 12 Videos
- 10 Guitar Tabs
- 10 Scores Sheet Music