Eagles "Those Shoes"
Here's a deliciously slinky, funky song for you: "Those Shoes", by the Eagles. The Eagles often aim their lyrical subjects to the darker side of life, and the groove and guitar work here support the cutting lyrics beautifully. There's crunchy sustained chords sitting in the pocket while hip harmonized talk box lines play over the top, and a super cool guitar solo. Put on those shoes, plug in, and get down!
In this series of lessons, Anders Mouridsen will break down the parts to "Those Shoes", by the Eagles. We'll give a song overview, then look at the gear and tones. Next Anders will talk about the overall harmony, then dig into the various harmonized talk box lines that play such a big part in the song. After that we'll learn the guitar solo, and follow with the outro jam section with hits. Finally there's a play along performance, then you'll...
- Those Shoes: Introduction
- Some Place You Can Go: Gear & Tones
- Tall Drinks and Drama: Basic Harmony
- Someone You Know: Harmonized Riff
- Somethin' To Lose: Harmonized Riff 2
- Your Independence: Harmonized Riff 3
- You Can't Do That! Guitar Solo
- Leanin' On You: Jam Section With Hits
- Those Shoes: Performance
- Those Shoes: Jam Along
- 10 Videos
- 10 Guitar Tabs
- 10 Scores Sheet Music