Guitar Lessons:
Guitar Tricks
Username:     Password:
Guitar Lessons (855) EZ-GUITAR

Go Back   Guitar Tricks Forum > Open Community ( Visitors Welcome ) > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 02-24-2006, 07:57 AM
Full Access

PRSplaya tested for performance enhancing drugsPRSplaya tested for performance enhancing drugsPRSplaya tested for performance enhancing drugsPRSplaya tested for performance enhancing drugsPRSplaya tested for performance enhancing drugs
I hope you make a speedy recovery! At least you didn't break a hand or something to keep you from playing. I broke my right hand twice within a year several years ago. It was horrible! Only one plus came out of the experience... I'm quite ambidextrious now

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
Old 02-24-2006, 10:35 AM

Location: In a yellow house on the highway. We get a lot of traffic through the living room.
acapella has greatness in reachacapella has greatness in reachacapella has greatness in reach
Send a message via MSN to acapella
From the time that picture was posted, I saw the comic...now today I see image theif! What is this? A Japanese brainwashing conspiracy?
Old 02-24-2006, 10:42 AM
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Kevin Taylor tested for performance enhancing drugsKevin Taylor tested for performance enhancing drugsKevin Taylor tested for performance enhancing drugsKevin Taylor tested for performance enhancing drugsKevin Taylor tested for performance enhancing drugs
It means ya posted a direct link to the picture instead of copying it and posting it from your own server.
When you hot link to other peoples photos, every time somebody loads the photo to look at it, ,no matter where it is on the web, it costs the original person money in bandwidth expenses.
If too many people look at the photo, the person who originally put it on the web can have their web service cut off for the rest of the month if the amount of downloads goes over their allotted amount.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:46 AM

Location: In a yellow house on the highway. We get a lot of traffic through the living room.
acapella has greatness in reachacapella has greatness in reachacapella has greatness in reach
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmange
It means ya posted a direct link to the picture instead of copying it and posting it from your own server.
When you hot link to other peoples photos, every time somebody loads the photo to look at it, ,no matter where it is on the web, it costs the original person money in bandwidth expenses.
If too many people look at the photo, the person who originally put it on the web can have their web service cut off for the rest of the month if the amount of downloads goes over their allotted amount.

So, yes then?
Old 02-24-2006, 10:55 AM
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Kevin Taylor tested for performance enhancing drugsKevin Taylor tested for performance enhancing drugsKevin Taylor tested for performance enhancing drugsKevin Taylor tested for performance enhancing drugsKevin Taylor tested for performance enhancing drugs
It's called bandwidth theft. It's like tapping into somebody's phone line to make long distance calls, or shoplifting merchandise. Some sites are fighting back by placing big 'theft' signs in place of the pictures so that everybody knows who stole the picture.

When you want to post a picture off the web, first download it to your own computer and then upload it to your own server and link to it from there.
That way every time somebody looks at it, it costs you money instead of the original person.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmange
It's called bandwidth theft. It's like tapping into somebody's phone line to make long distance calls, or shoplifting merchandise. Some sites are fighting back by placing big 'theft' signs in place of the pictures so that everybody knows who stole the picture.

When you want to post a picture off the web, first download it to your own computer and then upload it to your own server and link to it from there.
That way every time somebody looks at it, it costs you money instead of the original person.

Well, I do it on the school computer, so...
Old 02-24-2006, 11:02 AM
Guitar Tricks Instructor

But the picture was placed under your username, so now everybody knows that you're a bandwidth thief, you horrible man, you...
...POLICE!!!!!

And to think... I almost brought you over to meet my family.