Guitar Lessons:
Guitar Tricks
Username:     Password:
Guitar Lessons (855) EZ-GUITAR

Go Back   Guitar Tricks Forum > Open Community ( Visitors Welcome ) > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 02-08-2005, 02:31 PM

yacoolman has made some friends around here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Criblo
I'm Ben I'm 21, and a student in New Mexico. Two days ago I bought a guitar, which is something I've been wanting to do for a while, so I went out and purchased one on a whim. I was afraid to even pick it up when the store owner handed it to me, since I've never even touched a musical instrument in my life. Well I walked home with it, put it in my lap, and was still intimidated by it. Two days later I am starting to understand little things. I FINALLY got it tuned.

Well I'm probably going to be a pain in the ass in these forums because I'm full of even the most basic of questions, because right now it's a whole other language to me.

hey man im also a beginer, ill tell ya something ur in for alot of pain and fustarting, but dont let that get to you, just remember the best thing u can do when u practise, is RELAX AND TAKE IT SLOW!!! no matter what, u can ask anyone its the best advise anyone can give, if u wanna chat more my email is [email protected] thankz pease out
Old 02-12-2005, 11:00 AM

kingdavid has made some friends around here
Send a message via Yahoo to kingdavid
Everyone is always learning something.
Well, obviously, learning to adapt some piano song on the guitar isn't the same as what you're going through now, but everyone is always learning stuff. From the greenest of beginners to the_____(what's the opposite of green?) of sages.
Just ask any of the 50 something year young dudes and dudesses around here.
Lordathestrings, had he not fallen down the stairs one time too many during his childhood, could tell you the history of rock adn roll fro memory. But don't count on it. when he bought his first guitar c.a. '67 or '68, my mom was not yet 20.
His new best friend, Ake, is 60 something. When someone says they've been playing for twice your age, you feel inclined to listen. Although again, for the five years I been playing, I don't feel like I know jack. Although again, the jack that I don't know convinces me I'm good enough to start doing solo one-man-acoustic-rock gigs in Nairobi. I'm shopping.
Even some of the young people around here started playing pretty young, but are still learning.

Bottom line is, if you're jogging on a circular track, after a while, you can never tell who is on their 5th or 11th lap. Everyone's jogging.
Play that thing and have fun.
Old 02-12-2005, 11:38 AM
Non-Existent

chucklivesoninmyheart has made some friends around here
Just take it slow n' easy...you'll build dexterity,accuracy and knowlege about the guitar in short time.Practice regularly and keep determined.

You will find the guitar to be a satisfying instrument

Last edited by chucklivesoninmyheart : 02-12-2005 at 11:40 AM.
Old 02-13-2005, 03:31 PM

ake has made some friends around here
que pasa mano, I'm also here in the land of enchantment. Also pretty new to cyberspace and real new to GT. Seems like the folks on the board here know about any thing you need to know about guitars and music in general.
Welcome!!

Guitars save lives!!