Guitar Lessons:
Guitar Tricks
Username:     Password:
Guitar Lessons (855) EZ-GUITAR

Go Back   Guitar Tricks Forum > Open Community ( Visitors Welcome ) > Listening Post
User Name
Password

Old 03-10-2007, 03:54 PM

grizzlymint has greatness in reachgrizzlymint has greatness in reachgrizzlymint has greatness in reach
Yet another song!

Hey guys and gals. I had been meaning for quite sometime to write a song about another place of refuge in my life other than music---the river in my town. I fish religiously, mostly in that river. Greatest stress reliever in my life, along side of music.

So this is what I came up with: The River

This is a fairly simple song, but its my favorite that I've recorded yet. Probably due to the topic.

Enjoy. Constructive criticism and comments appreciated.
Old 03-11-2007, 08:34 AM

iceandhotwax has made some friends around here
i really didnt care for the tone of the guitar, but i really like the song , it is very nice to me
Old 03-11-2007, 09:58 AM
Full Access

Bar Chord Nick is making a name for themselvesBar Chord Nick is making a name for themselves
I like it. The tone works for me. I think the vocals are much better on this song. Not so heavy on the vocal effects helps I think. Thing I found annoying was the hiss. It was worse in some places than others. Maybe try a noise gate or something to clean that up. I can't really say because I don't know what's causing it.

Overall I think it's a winner.
Old 03-11-2007, 10:57 AM

grizzlymint has greatness in reachgrizzlymint has greatness in reachgrizzlymint has greatness in reach
Nick, may have been a phaser I added somewhere. I'll pull that off and repost, because I believe I heard it to, just didn't hit me as annoying at the time. Thanks for listening and commenting guys. Always appreciated.
Old 03-11-2007, 02:25 PM
Full Access

Bar Chord Nick is making a name for themselvesBar Chord Nick is making a name for themselves
If you didn't hear it then maybe it's soundclicks. I listened to the HIFI. I'll try the MP3 and see if it's still there.
Old 03-11-2007, 02:35 PM
Full Access

It's on the MP3 too. It's just white noise. I'm listening on head phones. Not noticeable on my speakers. It's worse on the chorus' sections if that help.
Old 03-11-2007, 02:35 PM

I took off the phaser I had in there, but theres still chorus on the guitar. Can't remove that, and I want it there. But yeah, lemme know if you still here it because I took it off and reuploaded it.