Guitar Lessons:
Guitar Tricks
Username:     Password:
Guitar Lessons (855) EZ-GUITAR

Go Back   Guitar Tricks Forum > Open Community ( Visitors Welcome ) > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 09-30-2006, 01:56 PM
Riffologist

z0s0_jp is a walking guitar encyclopediaz0s0_jp is a walking guitar encyclopediaz0s0_jp is a walking guitar encyclopediaz0s0_jp is a walking guitar encyclopedia
Musicians Friend??

this may be moved but anyhow, i go to MF alot and they are not bad people.....but i wish there was a tinge more honesty to the sales pitch.....i know---that makes bad business-----when i see an ad for a jackson "india made"(not mentioned) guitar for $1000 bux it makes me angry it has 1 bridge humbucker that is "duncan designed" ----it has a "hand painted" body but that is about it----the quality is that of a guitar worth 2-300 bux...or how about ads for a guitar with "a mahogany back and maple top" when in reality it is a maple LAMINATED top which has very minimal affect on tone..the sound is most important as well as playability imo, the pretty red marshall Mgfx halfstack (which is quite small compared to the pics they show) ...it is no way comparable to let's say a triple lead----but the ad makes it sound like you are getting all that and a bag of peanuts....might point is that to the beginner may well be fooled by this type of advertising----it seems to be a school of hard knox in purchasing for newbies. Discuss....

Last edited by z0s0_jp : 09-30-2006 at 02:28 PM.
Old 09-30-2006, 02:25 PM
Gulf Coaster

R. Shackleferd has greatness in reachR. Shackleferd has greatness in reachR. Shackleferd has greatness in reach
Yep, it's all classic marketing...pictures without scale and carefully chosen fluffy adjectives. I don't really hold it against them. I just try to sift through all that. They generally offer enough genuine information on specs and features, in addition to the customer feedback comments on the better selling items, to make an informed decision. And they have a reasonable return policy if you're not satisfied. Regardless, even if they were the best of the best, I'm hesitant to drop over $1000 for a guitar I've never picked up and played. In the end I guess it's as always...buyer beware.
Old 09-30-2006, 05:31 PM
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Dr_simon is making a name for themselvesDr_simon is making a name for themselves
I don't like MF at all. I have put 1000s of $$ their way.

They are fine until something goes wrong and then...they stink !