PDA

View Full Version : Another in the club

john_strings
01-02-2004, 12:06 PM
Hi everyone, Im Jonathan, 20 yrs old, a medical student. Been playing the guitar since 8 years. Mostly been a rhythm guitarist, playing more of rock, as most of you online I guess. Took an inclination for Metal and the heavier tones of Music since a year and a half now. I enjy almost any and all types of music though. Anyways visited this site first with the intention of picking up some lead techniques when I purchased a Richie Sambora Fender strat last year. Been a regular visitor since, and must say this site surely rocks! Hope to catch on a lot more now that I have joined the community.
Hope to hear from you, cos I sure have a lot to learn. Anyone with the time and patience, could send me any piece of advice that u could share regarding lead guitaring.
Happy New Year everyone!
Ciao,
Jonathan

kronborg
01-02-2004, 01:09 PM
Hey dude!

Welcome on the bord. Hope you will enjoy it just as much as I do!

Death55
01-02-2004, 02:14 PM
hey, its always good to see new interested members around this site. All i can say for improving your lead playing is just to practice lots or of small alternate picking, sweep picking exercises. I'm sure you will find lots on this site ;)

Dr_simon
01-02-2004, 02:17 PM
Welcome aboard dude !

chris mood
01-02-2004, 03:40 PM
20yrs old sounds a little young to be a medical student. Don't you have to graduate from a regular college w/a BA before you can get into Med School?

Leedogg
01-02-2004, 04:03 PM
Hey dude, what's up? Welcome to guitartricks. Be sure and check out the chat room (there's a link to it at the top-left of your screen).

Dr_simon
01-02-2004, 05:38 PM
Not in the UK, you can go straight from high school (18 y o) into a 7 year medical degree and come out a Dr. The entry criteria is higher though there is less of a dropout rate than in the US. It also costs less !

SPL
01-02-2004, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by chris mood
20yrs old sounds a little young to be a medical student. Don't you have to graduate from a regular college w/a BA before you can get into Med School?

The American education system is not a global one...

Anyway, welcome to the forum! :-)

the fool
01-02-2004, 06:23 PM
Since we're all in the topic of the medical field, doc simon, chris, what's the prerequisite for dentistry there in the UK? I live in Canada. I'm graduating my undergrad next year (BS psych) and I'm planning to go to dentistry school in the UK. What are the prerequisites?

Lordathestrings
01-02-2004, 11:56 PM
{sigh} Only in Canada would someone say (without irony) "I'm graduating my undergrad next year ...".

the fool
01-03-2004, 01:45 PM
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by Lordathestrings

{sigh} Only in Canada would someone say (without irony) "I'm graduating my undergrad next year ...".

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

eh?