PDA

View Full Version : Italy Wins!!!!!!

jeffhx
06-22-2006, 04:27 PM
WE'RE THRU TO THE LAST 16 IN THE WORLD CUP!!!!! I'M SO THRILLED I STOLE A BEER WHICH IS NOT MINE!!!

sorry i just needed to do that...australian football has changed....forever

you guys can ignore this

Akira
06-22-2006, 04:33 PM
WE'RE THRU TO THE LAST 16 IN THE WORLD CUP!!!!! I'M SO THRILLED I STOLE A BEER WHICH IS NOT MINE!!!

sorry i just needed to do that...australian football has changed....forever

you guys can ignore this

That is actually quite an achievement. Who are you playing next?

We're playing Equador.

If we lose then i'm emigrating. :rolleyes:

jeffhx
06-22-2006, 04:37 PM
lmao it is a huge achievement..we're playing Italy next...they did great against Brazil..hoping for something agsinst Italy..32 years of absence from the world cup...and they never managed to even score a goal before back in '74...now...they're on their way..woot...

Akira
06-22-2006, 04:40 PM
lmao it is a huge achievement..we're playing Italy next...they did great against Brazil..hoping for something agsinst Italy..32 years of absence from the world cup...and they never managed to even score a goal before back in '74...now...they're on their way..woot...

You're going to lose. :p

jeffhx
06-22-2006, 04:41 PM
You're going to lose. :p

stfu im being in self denial.. :D

elklandercc
06-22-2006, 06:09 PM
GO ITALY!!!!!! Sorry, I'm Italian and I've always rooted for them since I was little.

jiujitsu_jesus
06-23-2006, 01:34 AM
Italy are going to smash us... but even to have come this far is staggering, for a little country like us.

Lordathestrings
06-23-2006, 01:44 AM
Sorry: this is all quite irrelevant to any non-soccer fan. Its a good game while you're playing it, but I'm not the least bit impressed by the fact that a huge portion of the world's population watches the tournament. :p

6strngs_2hmbkrs
06-23-2006, 01:50 AM
Sorry: this is all quite irrelevant to any non-soccer fan. Its a good game while you're playing it, but I'm not the least bit impressed by the fact that a huge portion of the world's population watches the tournament. :p
I can honestly say I've never even watched half a soccer game other than one I've been in. (yes I played soccer for two years when I was like 11-13, decided I hated it, quit, and picked up skateboarding... skating led to guitar and here I am! there's the last 5 years of my life in a nutshell! :rolleyes: )

jeffhx
06-23-2006, 06:02 AM
its a beautiful game...well i dont think americans will give 2 hoots abt it until the national team achieves something real big in the tournament...obviously they cant do it anymore this yr but they can try again...same thing with australia...the country was never interested....now it had just changed history altogether...new fans...whichis good for football in australia...

emooo

equator
06-23-2006, 12:06 PM
We're playing Equador.

If we lose then i'm emigrating. :rolleyes:

Yes. Sunday is the big day when my country is going to see the English team face to face.

England fears the phantom of the penalty kicks.

It`s gonna be an interesting game. Go Ecuador!

aschleman
06-23-2006, 12:12 PM
A big problem with the US soccer/football program is... Our best athletes don't even play soccer. Whereas... other countries it's the only sport they play. All our really talented athletes play football, baseball, or basketball for a living... Even if they do show a large amount of potential with soccer, they're still pushed into one of the other sports... That's why I don't get that into soccer... it'd be more interesting if we didn't have other sports taking so much away from our program.

Congrats on making it through!!

jeffhx
06-23-2006, 12:28 PM
ecuador have been phenomenal man...they have heaps of potential...

its the same with australia, we have footy,which is a modified version of rugby or something...and people are nuts abt it...because of that people dont focus on soccer very much...if at all...but since the entry into the world cup i reckon soccer wud get a major kickstart in australia...

jiujitsu_jesus
06-23-2006, 02:13 PM
ecuador have been phenomenal man...they have heaps of potential...

its the same with australia, we have footy,which is a modified version of rugby or something...and people are nuts abt it...because of that people dont focus on soccer very much...if at all...but since the entry into the world cup i reckon soccer wud get a major kickstart in australia...

Agreed. Haha, the State of Origin has been sidelined a bit, hasn't it? :D

Akira
06-24-2006, 05:45 AM
Whereas... other countries it's the only sport they play.

Well in England we also have tennis, cricket, hockey, rugby, to name but a few. But you're right; it seems football takes a big spotlight at least in European countries.

And yeah, England suck at penalties. If it goes to penalties in an England match, the referee might as well say "Game's over, England lose."

GuitarPsy
06-24-2006, 06:01 AM
Australia in the last 16, against Italy, I'm gonna watch that massacre for sure!

Netherlands played 0-0 vs Argentina, can't wait for a rematch, allthough we played really bad, hope we will improve cause we ain't winning like this

jeffhx
06-26-2006, 09:38 AM
it is time...judgement day...

australia vs italy

Lordathestrings
06-26-2006, 09:59 AM
I watched Nederlands vs Portugal to see what the fuss is about. I'm still wondering. Soccer is good execise for people who play the sport, but its almost as boring to watch as golf is.

Although golf players don't usually kick each other... :confused:

jeffhx
06-26-2006, 10:50 AM
where i agree that sometimes matches can be a drag...no action and all...but its just like how americans love baseball or american football...feelings...impossible to describe in words... ;)

Lordathestrings
06-26-2006, 11:00 AM
...but its just like how americans love baseball or american football...
Meh; I'm Canadian. I watch hockey, sometimes. And the CFL Grey Cup match. Other than that, I find the concept of 'spectator sports' to be oxymoronic. :p It seems to me that the typical sports fan is unfit and overweight.

alucard0941
06-26-2006, 11:34 AM
Cricket anyone?
http://www.cricketweb.net/downloadscentre/freeware/images/thegreatindianteam-full.jpg

jeffhx
06-26-2006, 11:55 AM
with just 10 seconds to go...until extra time the italian team gets a penalty..how effing cruel is that...it was bound for a 0-0 draw to extra time...10 seconds...10 effing seconds

jeffhx
06-26-2006, 12:37 PM
where's akira i need to rant it all out to him...

magicninja
06-26-2006, 12:44 PM
I saw it on Sportscenter. I ain't familiar with the rules but to me it looked like a bs call. Tough break man.

jeffhx
06-26-2006, 12:57 PM
the aussie player was accused of a rough tackle on that italian player..and if hes convicted within the box near the goal, they award a penalty..which is a one on one player to goalkeeper kick...the easiest way to score second to an open goal of course...gawd its so unfair..

jiujitsu_jesus
06-26-2006, 01:53 PM
Argh, there goes our World Cup Dream (TM)!

Oh well, at least we weren't completely slaughtered.

jeffhx
06-26-2006, 02:11 PM
Argh, there goes our World Cup Dream (TM)!

Oh well, at least we weren't completely slaughtered.

yea whats worst than being cheated ey

Akira
06-27-2006, 07:05 AM
where's akira i need to rant it all out to him...

That penalty decision was utter BS!!!

The Italians are well known for their dives, and that was a perfect example. The tackle had already been made, the tacklers feet had already gone far past the Italians legs, the Italian tripped himself over him, it was easily avoidable for an honest player. The tackle was good and clean; what a farce!

I thought Australia were the better side throughout the match, they should have gone through to the quarters.

Even the British commentators were saying it was a poor decision.

Is it just me or has most of the refereeing been really poor in this world cup? Who the hell are FIFA recruiting for refs? ...honestly.

jeffhx
06-27-2006, 08:23 AM
aye....melbourne went nuts when that happened...im still pissed off...we totally dominated the whole damn game...that is the most tragic gamei have ever watched in my entire life...like....WTF...stupid FIFA referees...i was disappointed with graham poll too during the croatia match...i know ive seen him in the EPL matches...however, australia did amazingly in this world cup...its an amazing thing to watch them go so far....

Akira
06-27-2006, 09:03 AM
aye....melbourne went nuts when that happened...im still pissed off...we totally dominated the whole damn game...that is the most tragic gamei have ever watched in my entire life...like....WTF...stupid FIFA referees...i was disappointed with graham poll too during the croatia match...i know ive seen him in the EPL matches...however, australia did amazingly in this world cup...its an amazing thing to watch them go so far....

I really hope Italy get knocked out of the next round, although I doubt the Ukraine will do that.

*sigh*

jiujitsu_jesus
06-27-2006, 02:00 PM
I really hope Italy get knocked out of the next round, although I doubt the Ukraine will do that.

*sigh*

Well, it depends on the referees, doesn't it? Perhaps if the Ukrainian team buy the ref a beer, they'll end up beating the Italians 10-0. :rolleyes:

jeffhx
06-27-2006, 02:07 PM
the refs have been crap..no doubt...stupid decisions...they all need glasses...even the brazil ghana match...gawd

Akira
06-27-2006, 02:46 PM
Some how "stricter decisions" as ordered by FIFA has translated into "book everything that moves."

Akira
06-30-2006, 12:39 PM
Go germany!

For once some decent reffing in that game.

Edit: Argentina need to learn how to accept losing a game.

jeffhx
06-30-2006, 12:42 PM
lol go germany indeed....i wud have hated to see argentina go thru...to me they just looooveee to play dirty...good on germany...now...im hoping italy doesnt win...altho it seems highly unlikely...for what they did to australia... :mad:

:D :D

Akira
06-30-2006, 12:44 PM
lol go germany indeed....i wud have hated to see argentina go thru...to me they just looooveee to play dirty

Yeah, the post-game tantrum proves that one.

And yeah, I hope Italy lose, they don't deserve to be in the quarters, that should be your team playing Ukraine!

jeffhx
06-30-2006, 12:56 PM
damn straight....it was cruel...hopefully they get a taste of their own medicine...THEN they will know...how it feels like...to get screwed oh so badly..

pun..intended

oh gawd im so angry :mad:

:o

Akira
06-30-2006, 01:00 PM
damn straight....it was cruel...hopefully they get a taste of their own medicine...THEN they will know...how it feels like...to get screwed oh so badly..

pun..intended

oh gawd im so angry :mad:

:o

Time will tell!

jeffhx
06-30-2006, 03:28 PM
well its all pretty much over for ukraine...as much as id hate to admit it...

Akira
06-30-2006, 03:30 PM
They can score 4 goals in 11 minutes. :rolleyes:

magicninja
06-30-2006, 03:33 PM
When my teams get beat I'd rather them lose to the eventual champions.

jeffhx
06-30-2006, 03:35 PM
thats how italy work i reckon...capitalises on counterattacks.... ukraine was tripping and careless...dang...

Akira
06-30-2006, 04:04 PM
Ukraine's playing was poor. They seemed to be really scared of taking risks, and they made too many poor passes.

Germany to win Italy in the semi's.

jeffhx
07-01-2006, 02:44 AM
check this out...how typical

http://www.theage.com.au/news/soccer-world-cup-2006/melee-mars-german-win/2006/07/01/1151174430132.html

Krunek
07-01-2006, 04:48 AM
Australia did a great job on world cup. I am from Croatia, and, thougha i am very proud to be Croat, i must say, you were much better team than ours. In a game vs. Croatia, the judge robbed Australians. I am sorry and ashame to admitt it, but it was so. And in a game vs. Italy? A shame for the FIFA to have such judges. (referes? Whatever.) Anyhow, Australia is a very good team, and they should have gone further. Of course, bare in mind, Jeff...
Half of your team are Croats! :) :)

Akira
07-01-2006, 08:00 AM
England to beat Portugal, so long as it doesn't go to penalties.

And France to beat Brazil.

GuitarPsy
07-01-2006, 10:06 AM
hope they kick the entire portugese team in the hospital, them freakin' whiners, kick the living sh*t out of em!!

...grrr!

jeffhx
07-01-2006, 11:17 AM
lmfao! yea portugal tend to be that kinda bunch too...england is my only hope now for redemption...

jeffhx
07-01-2006, 11:19 AM
ROFL rooney just stomped on a portuguese dudes crotch!

he got red carded for that tho

jeffhx
07-01-2006, 12:43 PM
i knew it...again my gut feeling was right...yea england and their penalties...how disturbingly irritating :mad:

Akira
07-02-2006, 07:57 AM
ROFL rooney just stomped on a portuguese dudes crotch!

he got red carded for that tho

Actually, he got red carded for pushing that Ronaldo git. As regards the crotch stomp, Rooney had no where else to put his feet throughout, the Portuguese had their legs everywhere.

Unfortunatly the ref was completly oblivious to Ronaldo continuously provoking Rooney and other players. Notice how every time Ronaldo got posession of the ball, he was boo'ed by the entire English audience.

Ronaldo and Rooney are both strikers for the same club team, Machester United. Rooney is known for having a very short temper, so Ronaldo would have let his team mates know how to get to him. I thought the Portuguese played a very dirty game, especially Ronaldo, what a ****.

I pretty much knew England would lose when Beckham went off injured, and Rooney being sent off was pretty much the end. I do however think England played an amazing game considering they were down to 10 men and were without 3 of their best players (Owen, Rooney, Beckham).

We haven't won a penalty shootout in 5 international finals. :mad:

France will slaughter Portugal though.

My bet for the final is France vs. Germany with Germany having a narrow win.

jeffhx
07-02-2006, 08:44 AM
ladies and gentlemen...there you have it...a sh-it world cup year, with sh-it world cup refereeing...and anything else that matters...so...its the shiznit

Akira
07-02-2006, 10:50 AM
ladies and gentlemen...there you have it...a sh-it world cup year, with sh-it world cup refereeing...and anything else that matters...so...its the shiznit

It's not all that bad, so long as Italy or Portugal don't win. :p

jeffhx
07-02-2006, 10:57 AM
what pisses me off even more..knowing that either those teams wud be 3rdplace...and i sure as hell hope its not italy...

i predict a italy vs portugal 3rd place match

Akira
07-02-2006, 11:00 AM
what pisses me off even more..knowing that either those teams wud be 3rdplace...and i sure as hell hope its not italy...

i predict a italy vs portugal 3rd place match

I predict Italy win.

jeffhx
07-02-2006, 11:08 AM
im hoping ur wrong...so i can enjoy my beer in peace...

Akira
07-02-2006, 11:12 AM
im hoping ur wrong...so i can enjoy my beer in peace...

I thought you quit drinking any how?

jeffhx
07-02-2006, 11:14 AM
why does everyone say that??? i never said i d quit..just...cut it down...and i aspire to drink only during weekends..so...hoora for my holidays

Akira
07-02-2006, 11:23 AM
why does everyone say that??? i never said i d quit..just...cut it down...and i aspire to drink only during weekends..so...hoora for my holidays

I think everyone says that because you seemed pretty distraught by the fact that you drank a lot, and frequently (referring to your thread which addressed the drinking problem).

jeffhx
07-02-2006, 11:30 AM
i was and still am..thank god i dont do it everyday anymore...if not i swear i wudve died by...tomorrow....from alcohol uselessness

Akira
07-02-2006, 11:35 AM
i was and still am..thank god i dont do it everyday anymore...if not i swear i wudve died by...tomorrow....from alcohol uselessness

Ah, I get ya, so long as you're keeping everything in check!

So yeah, next game...

jeffhx
07-02-2006, 11:39 AM
go germany! and kfc makes me feel satisfied as of now....

Akira
07-02-2006, 11:50 AM
go germany! and kfc makes me feel satisfied as of now....

Yeah, I really want Germany to win.

Akira
07-04-2006, 05:40 PM
Damn you Italy. :mad:

GuitarPsy
07-04-2006, 06:40 PM
Damn you Italy. :mad:

that..was so lame, germany really got it hard with 2 goals in the last 2/3 minutes..

Akira
07-04-2006, 06:44 PM
that..was so lame, germany really got it hard with 2 goals in the last 2/3 minutes..

Yeah, I felt really sorry for them.

My nightmare now would be Portugal winning France.

jeffhx
07-04-2006, 07:56 PM
wrong teams are winning..pisse me off....who wud watch a portugal vs italy world cup finall??? no effing way...its crap..

mdaddict
07-04-2006, 08:30 PM
so they deserved it in my opinion yet the better team one swry im also italian and thats my team thats prolly the reason i guess germany played pretty good too i guess :confused: well theyve both played better b4 idk im just :) happy swry :(

Akira
07-05-2006, 11:59 AM
I got this e-mail today:

"It's alleged that one of the Portuguese football players failed a drugs
and
alcohol test after the match. If this is confirmed as positive, under
World
Football Federation rules, paragraph 6 sub section 2e, Portugal will
forfeit
the quarter final match and England will play France in the Semi Final
on
Wednesday.

Scroll down for the full transcript of this report.

Carlsberg do not send emails, but if they did they would probably be the
best emails in the world."

Yeah, you need to have seen the British Carlsberg adverts to have got that one.

jeffhx
07-05-2006, 12:01 PM
lmfao!! u had me going geez...

france is my only hope for salvation now :rolleyes:

Akira
07-05-2006, 12:02 PM
lmfao!! u had me going geez...

france is my only hope for salvation now :rolleyes:

Yeah, if France don't win the cup, i'm going to describe my disgust in this thread.

Be warned!

jeffhx
07-05-2006, 12:04 PM
and ill chug to that...to france...and knowledge in general...

woot

jeffhx
07-05-2006, 03:53 PM
yay for france! now i actually want to watch the final..shud be darn interesting

Akira
07-05-2006, 03:53 PM
My faith in international football is restored.

jeffhx
07-05-2006, 03:54 PM
lol i beat u to posting by seconds... :D

now they just need to kick italys ass...then im satisfied :D

Akira
07-05-2006, 03:57 PM
I think France will beat Italy, and Portugal will beat Germany for the 3rd place match.

Speaking of football.

I kicked a football today for the first time in 4 years, turns out I'm still pretty good at it too.

jeffhx
07-05-2006, 03:59 PM
you could be right..i have that feeling too...tho id hate even if portugal won 3rd place...hmm maybe not...

i havent touched a football in years..

go zizou!

Akira
07-05-2006, 04:16 PM
you could be right..i have that feeling too...tho id hate even if portugal won 3rd place...hmm maybe not...

i havent touched a football in years..

go zizou!

Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer Germany to win 3rd place, but I get the feeling Portugal will snap it up by a whisker.

jeffhx
07-05-2006, 04:26 PM
i predict a very violent clash which includes sending offs, fake injuries mostly by the italians, hopping managers in anticipation,spitting, and more fake injuries by the italians..

nuff said

magicninja
07-05-2006, 04:36 PM
Soccer sucks you foriegners. :p Nah, I watched the France-Brazil match, pretty good. Brazil for all the hype had no offense. Oh well I really couldn't care less. :D

Akira
07-05-2006, 04:37 PM
Soccer sucks you foriegners. :p Nah, I watched the France-Brazil match, pretty good. Brazil for all the hype had no offense. Oh well I really couldn't care less. :D

I know soccer sucks, that's why we call it football!!!

magicninja
07-05-2006, 04:38 PM
You keep dreamin' with your technicalities!

jeffhx
07-05-2006, 04:39 PM
precisely ;)

it is the real football and not american rugby ;)

pfft technicality scmhacnicalifybee :rolleyes:

double woot

Akira
07-05-2006, 04:45 PM
precisely ;)

it is the real football and not american rugby ;)

pfft technicality scmhacnicalifybee :rolleyes:

double woot

So like, what position does everyone play?

("everyone" meaning just jeffhx being as me and him are the only ones who seems to like the game)

jeffhx
07-05-2006, 04:53 PM
meh the are few more round here who like football...just that we both are the most enthusiastic...overly perhaps... we'd get our support...and then...

i can eat pie

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/jeffhx/ohlookapieSmall.jpg

Akira
07-05-2006, 05:02 PM
Only enthusiastic with regards to international football.

Club football doesn't really interest me.

Attacking midfielder for the win.

jeffhx
07-08-2006, 07:32 PM
yay germany...3 freakin goals maaaaannn

they deserved it..wasnt really watching tho...was too tired but i left the tele on...

Fenderalltheway
07-09-2006, 12:21 AM
Italia!Italia!Italia!

Go Italy!

jeffhx
07-09-2006, 03:36 AM
yes indeedy

Andrew Sa
07-09-2006, 04:24 AM
agreed!!!!!

GuitarPsy
07-09-2006, 04:40 AM
...I dislike Italy, with their lame fake injuries and all that, just play some football ffs

actually I also dislike France...

in fact I don't like any other country

go antarctica?

jeffhx
07-09-2006, 07:20 AM
oh i forgot to mention...go france

cos italy screwed australia :mad:

Akira
07-09-2006, 07:57 AM
It was a good game, glad Germany won!

Notice how even the German fans were boo'ing Ronaldo for his dirty play in Englands game.

jeffhx
07-09-2006, 08:37 AM
ever since the england game ronaldo kept getting booed at every single time he touched the ball...in every game there on...yea he definitely developed a reputation for himself..

GuitarPsy
07-09-2006, 08:46 AM
I gotta pick as well, don't I

Vive la France! :D

holy diver
07-09-2006, 09:07 AM
FRANCE all the way- what a way for zidane to go hey? another world cup under his belt... why not?

Akira
07-09-2006, 10:58 AM
ever since the england game ronaldo kept getting booed at every single time he touched the ball...in every game there on...yea he definitely developed a reputation for himself..

I think it's hilarious.

He is a git though.

Akira
07-09-2006, 10:59 AM
France for the win.

Andrew Sa
07-09-2006, 11:07 AM
well, I have the passport, and the grandfather...so Italy has my support Viva Italia!

I look forward to a Luca Toni goal, off his head from a Totti cross.

or perhaps we'll see another thumper from Pirlo? I dunno, but Zinidine is old, and he is not getting another world cup!I refuse to let him win two! I hate Zinidine Zidane...and Fabian Bartez come to think of it.

elklandercc
07-09-2006, 11:19 AM
I've been rooting for them since I was a wee lad..GO ITALY!

mdaddict
07-09-2006, 11:56 AM
Italia!Italia!Italia!

Go Italy!
dude finally more italia fans i thought there was only me and meh neways yeah i hope they win thats my people yay!!!! :cool: i like that face

Lordathestrings
07-09-2006, 12:09 PM
...I dislike Italy, with their lame fake injuries and all that, just play some football ffs...
It would upset me to see such crap being further rewarded. France isn't my favourite either, but better them than the Italian diving team.

jeffhx
07-09-2006, 12:11 PM
It would upset me to see such crap being further rewarded. France isn't my favourite either, but better them than the Italian diving team.

indeedy...and what guitarpsy said

Fenderalltheway
07-09-2006, 12:17 PM
I dislike both team, for that matter. But I like the French even less...so go Italy!

Akira
07-09-2006, 12:39 PM

LATS watches football?

But yeah, we share pretty much the same stance on the final.

Fenderalltheway
07-09-2006, 12:46 PM
I say, we all take a two and a half hour break from GT (Oh No!) to watch the finals, which begin in 13 minutes. Unless, of course, you can watch and be on GT...

jeffhx
07-09-2006, 12:49 PM
yay for tv in my room..nice cold beer...and a comfy bed ..

Fenderalltheway
07-09-2006, 12:49 PM
Man, it seems as though we're just here waiting for someone else to post...

Akira
07-09-2006, 12:52 PM
I say, we all take a two and a half hour break from GT (Oh No!) to watch the finals, which begin in 13 minutes. Unless, of course, you can watch and be on GT...

I can do both, the PC and the TV are right next to each other. :p

Although to be honest I think i'll just watch bits and pieces of it.

jeffhx
07-09-2006, 12:53 PM
this is soooo exciting!!!!

:D :D :D

Fenderalltheway
07-09-2006, 12:54 PM
Six Minutes!!!!!!! You see Akira, all I can do is listen to music while I'm on GT, seeing as the T.V. is a floor away...

Akira
07-09-2006, 12:55 PM
Six Minutes!!!!!!! You see Akira, all I can do is listen to music while I'm on GT, seeing as the T.V. is a floor away...

I can face the PC, swivle to the right about 30 degrees, and there's my TV, swivle a further 20 degree's and I have my guitars.

:D

jeffhx
07-09-2006, 12:58 PM
it is down...to the two number 10s...zidane vs totti....

double woot

Akira
07-09-2006, 12:59 PM
And kick off.

jeffhx
07-09-2006, 01:02 PM
see what the italians did? take out henry...pfft..not even 5 minutes and their sadistic ploy is already put in play... :mad:

Akira
07-09-2006, 01:04 PM
Yellow card for Italy.

No one saw that coming.

jeffhx
07-09-2006, 01:05 PM
YES!!! go penalty..gotta love them..ill be in chat anyway so anyone can join me if u guys want to...

Fenderalltheway
07-09-2006, 01:19 PM
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Akira
07-09-2006, 01:32 PM
Looks like the Italians are up to their diving antics again.

What an absolute disgrace!!

Fenderalltheway
07-09-2006, 01:35 PM
Akira, come join us in the chat room.

GuitarPsy
07-09-2006, 02:17 PM
I can't watch..I haven't got a tv! all my friends are gone, I'm still in the 'studentcity' and they're back at their parents place, grmbl

should've bought a tv..

Fenderalltheway
07-09-2006, 03:41 PM
My second Cup related thread in one day...

ITALY WINS!!!!!!!!

Akira
07-09-2006, 03:43 PM
Really it could have been kept to the original world cup thread, but ohwell.

Italy shouldn't have been in the final, however Zidane did make a silly move.

Fenderalltheway
07-09-2006, 03:46 PM
Really it could have been kept to the original world cup thread, but ohwell.

Italy shouldn't have been in the final, however Zidane did make a silly move.

Original world cup thread? I wonder what that was...or was that the one I made a 12:20 in the morning?

Akira
07-09-2006, 03:48 PM
There's been about 4.

I revived this (http://www.guitartricks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=173843&highlight=world+cup#post173843) for this world cup originally.

alucard0941
07-09-2006, 03:56 PM
Zidane's headbut was quite a comic relief :rolleyes:

magicninja
07-09-2006, 03:58 PM
I hate penalty kicks just let them play it out!!!! European Football is terrible. A whole world championship decided on penalty kicks! To me that's not exciting.

GuitarPsy
07-09-2006, 04:30 PM
didn't see the match, no tv, but nonetheless Italy doesn't deserve the world cup! puh!

GuitarPsy
07-09-2006, 04:32 PM
I hate penalty kicks just let them play it out!!!! European Football is terrible. A whole world championship decided on penalty kicks! To me that's not exciting.

you know how it used to be like? they'd flip a coin to see who wins

now they get penalty kicks, a lot better to be honest

what else do you want them to do, play longer? they've already been playing 90minutes + 30minutes extra, penalty kicks are lame, but the best solution to a difficult problem

Lordathestrings
07-09-2006, 04:47 PM
From the "13 minutes" thread:

Well, I just got back from the pub; the local Italians are racing through the streets, showing everybody that their horn buttons do, indeed, function. :p

I'd very much like to have an accurate transcript of the verbal exchange leading up to Zidane's headbutt and subsequent red-carding.

I suggest that football is sick, and badly in need of a review of the rules, much like NHL hockey a couple years ago. A sad spectacle. At least it won't happen again for another 4 years.

The game I just watched did not justify the world-wide fascination and hype. Without some major re-work, its not worth watching. FIFA has a lot of work to do.

magicninja
07-09-2006, 04:50 PM
I say let 'em play, no matter how long it takes.

Lordathestrings
07-09-2006, 04:57 PM
Really it could have been kept to the original world cup thread, but ohwell....
I've just merged the threads.

Bring all of the Cup discussions to this one.

z0s0_jp
07-09-2006, 05:49 PM
it needs a Golden Goal.......penalty kicks are lame.... i don't care how long it takes....it's the friggin' world championship

Akira
07-09-2006, 07:00 PM
I've just merged the threads.

Bring all of the Cup discussions to this one.

Hoorar, you are my hero!

And yeah, I agree with the above person, the Golden Goal rule was much more exciting, rather than this "play for an extra 30 minutes regardless" crap.

Zidanes headbutt was unneccessary, but it was awesome anyway. :p

jeffhx
07-09-2006, 07:44 PM
first of all...i need to slap myself for falling asleep..so for those in the chatroom yesterday that might notice my disappearance...you know what happened...second of all i woke up to see a blue shirt donkey dude holding the world cup...third of all after reading what happned to zizou...

idont know what to say....

elklandercc
07-09-2006, 08:08 PM
Yeaaaa Italy!!!!!!!!!

mdaddict
07-09-2006, 08:37 PM
and every1 i told said italy would lose o well yay italy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andrew Sa
07-10-2006, 05:09 AM
Yay! Viva Italia, Viva Azuri.

that was an amazing night...and like I said before, I dont like Zidane...so him getting sent off was amazing...and on his final game captaining his country (surely he was captain because he had proved himself not to do stupid stuff like that?)...he tainted his entire legacy...he would have been forever rememberred as the greatest French footballer ever...now, he shall be rememberred as "that tit who head-butted Marco materazzi"...I love it.

suicidalmoose
07-10-2006, 07:09 AM
i love the fact that everybody who watched that match were go for the team that they hated the least.

bunmiadefisayo
07-10-2006, 07:22 AM
Huh! For the entire game France was by far the better team. I think they deserved to win. If only that butthead (pun intended) Zidane had stayed in the game then maybe he could have gotten that penalty kick rather than Trezegeut. Just a big bloody mess and i hate penalty shoot-outs. :( 'sigh'

jeffhx
07-10-2006, 07:27 AM
well i wud say that after watching the replays and whatnot...and also the fact that i am drunk...things seem to be more.....well...understandable..the headbutt was (as akira says, powaaaaaaaaaaa...lmao)...powa indeed but blatant so...woot

GuitarPsy
07-10-2006, 07:29 AM
what time is it there? seeing you say you're drunk and looking at the clock which says 14.30 :p

ren
07-10-2006, 07:36 AM
I've just read that Zidane is getting the 'player of the tournament' award from the sports journalists - they voted before the incident...

Amusing.... :D

Lordathestrings
07-10-2006, 09:18 PM
I've just read that Zidane is getting the 'player of the tournament' award from the sports journalists - they voted before the incident...

Amusing.... :D

Perfect! A lesser man would have puched Mouthy Marco's jaw around to the other side of his head.

The lot of them were whinging and bawling like 2-year-olds every time anyone came near them, if they didn't attack them first. A shabby game, from start to finish. If that was World Cup Football, you can have it.

Akira
07-11-2006, 03:06 PM
Perfect! A lesser man would have puched Mouthy Marco's jaw around to the other side of his head.

The lot of them were whinging and bawling like 2-year-olds every time anyone came near them, if they didn't attack them first. A shabby game, from start to finish. If that was World Cup Football, you can have it.

To be honest that particular world cup didn't have a single "great" team.

It seemed that every team in the tournament performed shabbily, and the winner was just whoever was lucky enough.

Poor tournament overall, seen better.

alucard0941
07-11-2006, 07:17 PM
Alot of times, it seems to be that at team wins on luck, as mentioned above. It seems to be more of a "right place, right moment" deal, rather than pure skill. Though the better teams always prevail, sometimes the best does not win.
And I dont think it was fair for the World Cup game to basically come down to 5 penalty kicks. :rolleyes:

jeffhx
07-11-2006, 07:35 PM
soccer is a real funny game...very hard to predict for sure..but at least its not another brazil world cup...thank god for that..it gets boring when they win..and as i said because its so hard to predict it always keeps fans at the edge of their seats.. :)

still...i hate italy :o

meh ill get over it i think

Akira
07-13-2006, 09:48 AM
still...i hate italy :o

meh ill get over it i think

Unless they win the European cup in 2008...

jeffhx
07-13-2006, 09:58 AM
ooo they are so damn dirty...all their evil schemes...materazzi called zidane's momma names...apparently...not once, not twice...but 3 times

im angry again :mad:

Akira
07-13-2006, 10:01 AM
ooo they are so damn dirty...all their evil schemes...materazzi called zidane's momma names...apparently...not once, not twice...but 3 times

im angry again :mad:

He deserved all the headbutting action he got.

jeffhx
07-13-2006, 10:13 AM
even watching materazzi fall from that headbutt makes me angry...its so stupid jesus

Akira
07-13-2006, 10:37 AM
even watching materazzi fall from that headbutt makes me angry...its so stupid jesus

I'm sure jesus is sorry.

alucard0941
07-13-2006, 11:23 AM
lmao! He head butted cause he was told a "yo momma" joke?? 12 year old kids do that all the time and there are no signs of headbuts... :rolleyes:

Akira
07-13-2006, 12:47 PM
lmao! He head butted cause he was told a "yo momma" joke?? 12 year old kids do that all the time and there are no signs of headbuts... :rolleyes:

I'd kick the **** out of someone who was seriously taking the piss out of my mum. Obviously jokes are jokes, but in certain contexts it's just not needed.

jeffhx
07-15-2006, 03:27 AM
HAH! 4 italian clubs charged for corruption...juventus, ac milan, fiorentina and lazio...all relagated...bribing referees and such...is this our world champions? what a way toset a good example...what disgrace...the part that amazed me even more is that the fans were pissed of at the administration for the punishment...they're still all out for their clubs...god...and these clubs contributed players for the italian national team...geez...what more proof does the world need?

sry cant help it

woot

Akira
07-15-2006, 06:07 AM
Hahaha.

Hilarious stuff. :D