PDA

View Full Version : Wanted to say "hi"

NeekyKat
04-18-2006, 08:55 PM
Hey all! I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm new to GT and am still browsing the site. So far very cool. I'm a beginning guitarist. i play keyboard, flute, aboe and a little trumpet. I've also have several years of instruction in voice. I'm planning on attending college this fall to get a music degree so I can teach music. I may be a little old to be rockin up on stage. I'm a lefty. Anyone else have problems finding a good lefty thats affordable?? I've been teaching myself guitar for a while now but just got serious about it in the past couple of months. Although finding time to practice hasnt been as much of a priorty as it is now. I'm hoping this site will help. I'd like to save my grants for books instead of lessons until I can get into intermediate range anyway. Hope all had a good weekend, and are having a good week!!

Neeky

R. Shackleferd
04-18-2006, 08:59 PM
Howdy to you too. No, I'm not a lefty, but my dad is. But he just learned to play the regular way anyways. You might consider that, or just do like Jimi did...string it upside down. As long as your bridge is adjustable somewhat, it shouldn't be a problem. Welcome to the site though!

Cryptic Excretions
04-18-2006, 10:04 PM
Hoy ahoy. If you're looking for advice on getting a lefty, then I'd expect PonyOne to chime in here any time and give his two cents. Short of that, welcome aboard.

acapella
04-18-2006, 11:30 PM
Hey, another of those forum "new guys" that could musically wipe the floor with me. Welcome to the boards buddy. We're all friends here, these people will make you feel like family. :)

jeffhx
04-19-2006, 12:47 AM
welcome aboard... yeah we're family...dysfunctional at times i guess... but happy... :D

PonyOne
04-19-2006, 12:50 AM
Hoy ahoy. If you're looking for advice on getting a lefty, then I'd expect PonyOne to chime in here any time and give his two cents. Short of that, welcome aboard.
DINGDINGDINGDING!!!!! Yeah, I'm the resident lefty for this board... I'd be more than happy to make a recommendation... what sort of guitar are you looking for?

jiujitsu_jesus
04-19-2006, 05:40 AM
Welcome aboard. :)

Akira
04-19-2006, 05:49 AM
Welcome to the boards! :)

NeekyKat
04-19-2006, 01:33 PM
Thanks everyone for the welcome!!
PonyOne- I am currently playing on an right-handed acoustic strung upside-down. It's a Jasmine/Talamine, mini-jumbo. I don't like the Jumbo's or the dreadnoughts, they are just too uncomfortable for me to play. I like the concert style but the low-range on them is a little weak. SO I would probably stick w/ a mini-jumbo or other similar body size. I also have a left-handed Fender Strat that's borrowed. I like it ok, it's mex made and there seems to be a "buzz" on it. Not sure why. I've tried everything. Right now an acoustic is what I', really wanting. Thanks for reading!
Everyone have a great day

NeekyKat

ericthecableguy
04-19-2006, 03:51 PM
Welcome. What does you rname mean?

NeekyKat
04-19-2006, 05:51 PM
Thanks Eric. What does my name mean? "NeekyKat" . hmm, well my name is Nikki but it's pronounced "neeky" long "e" so I changed the spelling, and everyone has always called me cool chick or kat, so i just combined them. "NeekyKat". Is THAT what you're asking? LOL, I've never actually been asked before.

NeekyKat

pure
04-19-2006, 06:02 PM
Nikki is a girl name. i think. welcome. you're one of the few girls here. plus you're born march 15, im march 5. go march.

stackny
04-19-2006, 06:04 PM
Edit: due to reading a different thread, I withdrew what I said in order to stay away from awkward conversation.

elklandercc
04-19-2006, 06:17 PM
Welcome to GT! :cool:

Lordathestrings
04-19-2006, 09:20 PM
Welcome aboard! Looks like you have a wide range of musical experiences. That should do some interesting things to your expression through guitar.

NeekyKat
05-05-2006, 07:09 PM
Been offline for a bit. getting ready to move. Grrr. Yep I'm a girl and YES march rules. thanks guys for the welcome. I tried to learn right-handed several times and just couldn't get it. Finally turned it over and everything "clicked" for me. I'm having a blast learning though. I'm very impressed with this site. There's so much info! I'm still kinda skipping around.

Neeky

magicninja
05-05-2006, 10:45 PM
A lefty Girl on GT.........talk about one of a kind. :p Yeah March is awesome. They tell me i was born on March 1st. This site is by far the best site for guitar ever. Did you already move or are you still in the process?

guitarfreak141
05-05-2006, 10:54 PM
welcome!, GT is awesome, you'll like it here

Andrew Sa
05-06-2006, 01:46 AM
morning everyone...seems as usual I woke up to this thread late.

morning Neekykat.
hope you like this place